2004 WR450 w/only 37 miles? true or B.S.?

15 replies to this topic
  • boomman

Posted May 16, 2006 - 11:22 PM

Found this on Ebay. Is it me or does anyone else think that this guy is trying to dupe someone into thinking that it only has 37 miles on it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/...RK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

• odonnks

Posted May 17, 2006 - 02:21 AM

Link not working

• boomman

Posted May 17, 2006 - 06:11 AM

Sorry about that. Try it now.

• unkle_george

Posted May 17, 2006 - 06:30 AM

It looks pretty darn clean. No paint wear on the pegs, frame etc.

But who knows, the bike in the pictures may not be the one he's selling or maybe he's stolen parts out of the motor and swapped them with an older bike.

Then again, my dealer here still has '05s on the floor.

• boomman

Posted May 17, 2006 - 06:36 AM

Read his lengthy description.

I e-mailed him and asked him if the bike really only had 37 mile or was that just what it said on the resettable odometer, and this is what he replied - quote- "How am I supposed to know that? Check out the photos and you tell me? I bought it with those miles showing, therefore I am selling it with the same." -close quote.

• Tattooart

Posted May 17, 2006 - 06:40 AM

bike looks pretty clean to me t has no boot wear on frame and such I would like to think it is true

• 25year2stroker

Posted May 17, 2006 - 07:05 AM

Where can I buy one of those 6 speed YZ's he speak's of :ride:

• Punisher660

Posted May 17, 2006 - 08:09 AM

Looking at the tires, it still has the little 'nipples' on them. It is damn clean though......if not 37 miles, it is definitely under 200. Mine looked almost as clean and it supposedly had 300 miles on it.

Do the miles really matter though on a bike that clean? It obviously hasn't been ridden much.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • joshbeene

Posted May 17, 2006 - 08:20 AM

I am always a little skepticle of people who bought a bike from someone and then turn around and sell it imediately after like this guy is claiming. Why is he selling it without riding it? Why did he buy it in the first place? Does he even ride, because I cannot buy a bike and not ride it immediately!!! I even was excited to ride my Girlfriends TT-R230 when she got it. That makes me suspicious. I would have a local dealer check it out before you buy it.

• Dodger

Posted May 17, 2006 - 11:10 AM

Found this on Ebay. Is it me or does anyone else think that this guy is trying to dupe someone into thinking that it only has 37 miles on it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/...RK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Looks ligit. No frame or case rub/wear, header is still not very colored...........

• newthumper05

Posted May 17, 2006 - 11:54 AM

The only thing I see wrong is water in overflow tank, I would think it should be green?

• ready fredy

Posted May 17, 2006 - 01:02 PM

I just bought an 04 that had 135 on the odo and it was also in perfect cond I got it for 3800.00. no boot scratches origional tires not one mark on it so it is possible!

• ARin

Posted May 17, 2006 - 01:41 PM

there is no evidence of wear anywhere on the bike, and that kind of stuff shows up quickly. So even if it doesnt have EXACTLY 37 miles on, it sure as hell doesnt have MANY miles.

I however bought a used 2004 wr450 that was nearly that clean quite a few months back for 4000 even.

• whoops dude

Posted May 17, 2006 - 03:08 PM

possibly our 05 only has 127 on it.

• cheezy

Posted May 17, 2006 - 03:42 PM

thats like a bike from carmichael that says "never been raced."

• Tremor_socal

Posted May 31, 2006 - 09:37 AM

I watched that bike closely before I bought mine. I do think it's a legitimate deal. Look at his other auctions and you'll see he does it quite a bit. I'm sure he picked that bike up for a sweet price and is just flipping it to make a grand or so. He seems to do it all the time, judging by his previous auction feedback.

FWIW, I ended up with a street-legal, low mileage 01 426 for $4,000.

Tim

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.