2004 WR450 w/only 37 miles? true or B.S.?

5 replies to this topic
  • boomman

Posted May 16, 2006 - 11:18 PM

Found this on Ebay. Is it me or does anyone else think that this guy is trying to dupe someone into thinking that it only has 37 miles on it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/...RK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

This is probably in the wrong forum-needs to be in wr450 threads.

• simon@vic

Posted May 17, 2006 - 07:35 AM

37 or not, it looks dam new!!!!!

i would guess under 200 at any rate!

• CALVIN_KLEIN88

Posted May 17, 2006 - 07:36 AM

I checked it out and am calling BS. Both the tires have all the whiskers worn off. 37 miles wouldn't wear them down like that. Second he said he contacted the California DMV and they told him all you need is a mirror and a horn to make it street legal. I would love to know which DMV that is. Plating a dirt bike in CA is a very involved process. I would hate to see someone buy it thinking they were going to plate it that easy. Still a pretty clean looking bike though..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • joshbeene

Posted May 17, 2006 - 07:46 AM

I could not tell if the "Whiskers" were worn off or not, but this guy was pretty anal in his description, so he is probably anal about all of his stuff. The best thing to do is get ahold of the local dealer where he lives and schedule an appointment for them to look it over. Talk to the owner and tell him you will pay for the inspection if her will take it there, then if you decide you don't want it you are only out $120 bucks, and he gets to keep a copy of the inspection to show other prospective buyers. That is what I would do.

• odonnks

Posted May 17, 2006 - 08:11 AM

Pretty clean, not even boot scuff marks on the frame above the pegs. It'll get those pretty quick.

• 5valve

Posted May 17, 2006 - 08:28 AM

Take the bike on the 37mile rocky ride and youll see what happens to tyres and plastics.
but..reminds me of a guy, who would sell a shampoo to bold person.
nevetheless, if bike is OK, and also the price, why not.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.