Touratech power converter question..

6 replies to this topic
  • wickedsprint

Posted May 16, 2006 - 10:52 AM

Where are you guys mounting this converter, underseat seems cramped, anyone else try it attached to the headlight shroud of sorts?

• wickedsprint

Posted May 16, 2006 - 11:58 AM

Standby for update, I think I can fit everything cleanly inside the headlight shroud.

• wickedsprint

Posted May 16, 2006 - 01:12 PM

Ok, here is how I ended up doing it, totally self contained inside the headlight shroud, no wires under the seat or anything and no compromises to factory wiring, so here is a pic for anyone else who needs a power converter and also has limited underseat room.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted May 16, 2006 - 01:14 PM

I've installed them under the seat across the rear of the back fender / subframe, next to the airbox intake. I believe I put velcro on the subframe and on the power converter to hold it in place. I've done a few of these for other people and on one of my bikes over the years, but it's been a while since I've paid attention to it. No problems though :banana:

The headlight should also make a nice mounting point as well :ride:

• motomonte

Posted May 16, 2006 - 07:51 PM

Where are you guys mounting this converter, underseat seems cramped, anyone else try it attached to the headlight shroud of sorts?

:ride: what do you mean by a power converter?Maybe I know but right now I have no idea of what it does.Sorry to interupt your thread.

• wickedsprint

Posted May 16, 2006 - 08:01 PM

Bikes such as our R models produce dirty electricity, with spikes and unregulated voltage..and also AC, the power converter is about the size of a box of matches, and converts anything up to 40 volts AC/DC into a clean 15 volts DC to run a GPS. The thread was soliciting ideas on a good location to mount it since there is not a whole lot of room under the seat, so I mounted it behind the headlight shorud, and kept everything self contained without having to string wires back and forth across the bike. Your 650L does not need it as its electric is already clean DC since it has a battery and electric starter.

• motomonte

Posted May 16, 2006 - 08:43 PM

Thank U very much,now I may know what are you talkin'about.Though I can't be of very much help there.I'll just keep with the nuts and bolts. :ride:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.