No one working on a light coil for 06 450!

5 replies to this topic
  • CISCO

Posted May 15, 2006 - 08:12 PM

(I need a light coil!! I cant believe after 7 months, not one place I called had anything in the works for the new YZ 450!!!!!!
Talked with ZIP-TY and they were talking about modifying (machining and welding) the crankcase to accept the 06 WR stator and using a Trail Tech flywheel! That sucks!

Someone needs to step up. Night races are coming up..guess we have to stick to a full battery powere HID system :ride:

• Sapling Thrasher

Posted May 16, 2006 - 03:23 PM

I have called E-line, trail tech, and Zip ty and none of them even plan on making one!!!! $300 plus for a battery powered light that only lasts 120 minutes sucks!!!

• Lowedog

Posted May 16, 2006 - 08:47 PM

Call Baja Designs. A friend talked to them a couple weeks ago and they said that they were thinking they should do something as there seems to be enough interest in it. So maybe if more people contact them they will get going on it.

-Lowedog

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KTMKarl

Posted May 17, 2006 - 12:10 PM

ironic, we finally get a tranny and now we can't get the lights! i hope somebody steps up.

• vtownrida

Posted May 17, 2006 - 05:53 PM

We are going to race Vegas2Reno and need a setup....i figured somebody would of had one. I'll start hassling them too!

• teamtoxic

Posted May 19, 2006 - 04:51 AM

I can't believe nobody has shown interest in this. I mean, I just threw $500 to E-Line for their coil. It seems that the profit margin would be huge!

You might just have to hold out for the inevitable WR update. Hopefully the WR coil setup will be a bolt on like the 400/426 models.

Cheers

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.