Edelbrock application question

2 replies to this topic
  • csholer

Posted May 15, 2006 - 06:21 PM

hey guys, i am picking up my new '06 wr 450f tomorrow and was wondering if the edelbrock that i got last summer for my 97 xr600r would swap in if i needed to in a pinch. (xr finally siezed after 9 years). thanks chris

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigdrtrdr

Posted May 15, 2006 - 06:51 PM

No, Not even close.

• creeky

Posted May 16, 2006 - 03:24 AM

I am running an older Edelbrock (no accel pump) on my '00 WR400 that I had previously used on two stock XR600s and an HRC628. I had to reverse the cable wheel to the right side and go to a 20E needle, the bike runs great, big improvement over the stock FCR. I was concerned about the lack of a TPS, but apparently it is not an issue, at least in my case. If the carb will fit into the air boots with no modification, I see no reason why it could not be made to work.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.