Need Help Please

2 replies to this topic
  • Junior Belson

Posted May 15, 2006 - 06:17 PM

The Clutch actuator lever seal on the left side engine case of my 02 BRP 650 is leaking oil. Is the seal replacable without spliting the cases or is that my only option? I did not disconnect the cable yet or mess with anything. It would not make much sense that the whole bottom end would need to be dissassembled just to take this seal out. If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Adam

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AzMtnThumper

Posted May 15, 2006 - 07:10 PM

No, you don't need to split the cases. You do need to take the clutch cover off and remove the four clutch springs and then remove clutch discs and plates. Then you can remove the lifter shaft (no need to pull it all the way out) and then your shaft on the end of the cable will pull right out. Pop out the seal, put the new seal and shaft back in and button it back up. Shaft seal is about $3.50 and the washer is about $1.50. I'm waiting for parts to fix my leaking seal. I'd measure the clutch discs and examine the basket and pressure plate while you have it apart. You can download the manual over at the Pig Pen for specs.

• Junior Belson

Posted May 16, 2006 - 03:02 AM

Thanks alot for the reply. I'll need to get that fixed as it makes a hugh mess.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.