Baja Designs Stator Mod Questions

1 reply to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted May 15, 2006 - 06:16 PM

hey guys, I just finished putting my Dual Sport kit on my bike, well almost finished, I have to do the stator mod and then swap out Voltage Regulators. Has anyone here done the mod themselves, looks easy enough to get the statro out but I was worring about cutting the stock wire out of the connector, they say if you break the wire the whole stator will need to be rewound. I guess it's removing the ac stator and adding itself to the dc one to get all the power now to charge the battery and run the lights . I looks a little tricky, just wondering if anyone here has done it themselves.........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Express

Posted May 15, 2006 - 07:10 PM

I did the stator myself and was hesitant to try. It really wasnt very difficult once I got going. The wire you need to un-solder doesnt seem to be very fragile. I was moving it around pretty good and no problems. Follow their directions and use a very small cutting wheel to cut the clip.... you'll do fine.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.