Handlebar risor questions

13 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted May 15, 2006 - 05:49 PM

I just ordered a taller seat foam and think I will need to raise my handlebars another inch or more, what are my choices? I read somewhere here some move them up and forward an inch, i think this would block the guage, also will all the stock cables allow a 1 or 2" risor with no problem? This is for a stock 2006 with stock Renthal handlebars......

• RB2

Posted May 15, 2006 - 06:06 PM

I really like Jimmy Button high bars

• Darth Wader

Posted May 15, 2006 - 06:27 PM

I just put some Tusk adjustable bar risers from Rocky Mountain on my WR. Gave me 35mm of rise and makes a huge difference in the feel of the bike - especially when standing. Haven't had a chance to go beat on it with them on yet (its been raining for going on two weeks straight!!!), so I don't know how they'll hold up. Was an inexpensive experiment though to see how the bars feel higher.

So far so good!

• bigdrtrdr

Posted May 15, 2006 - 06:47 PM

Go to barrisersonline

Up and forward instead of up and back in your lap.

• Ripmeister

Posted May 15, 2006 - 07:40 PM

I love my tusk risers - try a high bend bar as well.

• trikeflyer

Posted May 15, 2006 - 07:44 PM

I also put on the tusk riser and cr high bend bars sweet!!

• OneToGo

Posted May 15, 2006 - 10:45 PM

I just ordered a taller seat foam and think I will need to raise my handlebars another inch or more, what are my choices? I read somewhere here some move them up and forward an inch, i think this would block the guage, also will all the stock cables allow a 1 or 2" risor with no problem? This is for a stock 2006 with stock Renthal handlebars......

I fitted fat bars and riser adaptors, total rise about 35mm. The cables are a little tight, 2" might be pushing it but i read you can rotate the throttle cables to below the bar to make more slack - I think these are the tightest cables to fit so 2" might be OK - Not sure...anyone!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • boer

Posted May 16, 2006 - 11:42 AM

I used the pro-taper Pastrana FMX bar with the universal mount kit. I rotated the throttle, otherwise no other fitment issues. I am pleased with the setup. :ride:

• motoxer667

Posted May 16, 2006 - 11:45 AM

I really like Jimmy Button high bars

I agree. I had to get some after riding a bike with them. I am around 5'10" tall and like to stand up while riding (Michigan sand whoops). My back is much better after rides know. :ride:

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 16, 2006 - 12:41 PM

Applied 1" risers on stock clamp that adapt fat bars with Pastrana Bend Pro Tapers. :ride:

I am 6'3" and also run the tall guts seat foam. Awesome and affordable set up. I trimmed a little off the end of the bars for our Western Washington Tight and Techinical :banana:

• MountainMax

Posted May 19, 2006 - 04:38 PM

i ordered the risors from barrisors online site, Hope to get it soon. Does this interfere with seeing the stock Speedo info? if so an that be moved?

• bigdrtrdr

Posted May 19, 2006 - 05:48 PM

It will most likley block part of the ODO
I ditched mine years ago because the ODO drive seized up.
Went to a Computer.
BTW my stock cables were long enough.

• LUKASS

Posted May 20, 2006 - 04:19 AM

They do somewhat block the odo while sitting but if your up out of the seat ist all good...

Had them on my Suzuki before the WR...

The standard cables will be fine just make sure on full left swing they dont pull....Nothing some quick r-routing wont fix if need be..

• MountainMax

Posted May 20, 2006 - 05:47 AM

Thanks again guys.....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.