I can't beleive the difference!!!!!!!

10 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted May 15, 2006 - 05:31 PM

I just finished doing the free type mods, ais removal kit and jetting as per the sticky here, put on the promoto billet tailpipe, removed one baffle (not fun) installed the adjustable storm fuel screw and the boyseen cover all at once.... Just got back from a ride, man i can't beleive the difference..... Before I could barely get the bike to wheelie in second gear, now i can do it in third for fun and fourth if i time it just right, and she rips through the gears much faster, I know I have read people saying it made a difference but this is amazing. I definately feel i can go up one tooth on the front sprocket to get more top speed without losing any bottom end torque, or much anyhow....... Just wanted to share the news........... :confused:
:ride: :banana: :busted: :smirk: :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek: :eek: :usa: :lol: :lol: :bonk: :bonk: :p :p :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

• Numskull

Posted May 15, 2006 - 05:50 PM

Yee Haa :busted:

PS. There is a problem with that :banana: you cant be the leader of the pack cause no one will follow behind the roost master :ride:

• MountainMax

Posted May 15, 2006 - 06:10 PM

True......... I love the fact that it does not backfire now every time i let go of the gas along with the newfound power.

• Darth Wader

Posted May 15, 2006 - 06:29 PM

YeeHaw! Congrats man! Have fun with it. :ride:

• 96warrior

Posted May 15, 2006 - 09:47 PM

I know the feeling, its great isn't it :ride:

I'd leave the gearing be though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OneToGo

Posted May 15, 2006 - 10:48 PM

All WR owners know that newly found power feeling - shame on Yamaha to keep in under WRaps.
Enjoy :ride:

• odonnks

Posted May 16, 2006 - 02:08 AM

IMO Those are the best kept secrets in off road riding. All corked up to sell them around the world in areas where there are greenies. I believe that Yamaha had these mods in mind all the time and actually leaked most of them on their own.

• Few

Posted May 16, 2006 - 11:16 AM

1 Tooth on the front, is this the common consensus? None in the rear? +/-
I found that I Trail ride Too fast for second gear and bog third! ???
I'm all modded '06 w/pmb on Stock pipe. My first thought was to change out the rear down to bring in third but a taller front for second gear? ahh I'll just ride it @ 1000 RPM and roost too.

• MTRider

Posted May 16, 2006 - 12:26 PM

I have to agree with your assessment. I have only done the AIS and ProMotoBillet insert and even that is amazing. Only jetting and fuel screw remains - I expect idle to improve but other than this bike ROCKS as is!

I truly appreciate the inputs of the more experienced guys on this site.

Scott in Montana

• MountainMax

Posted May 19, 2006 - 04:39 PM

yeah, thanks to the guys and info on here for the mod info, if it wasnt for this i can't see how I could have ever been happy with the stock setup.....

• odonnks

Posted May 19, 2006 - 07:09 PM

I dropped to a 13 T on the front and love it. I don't do much road riding but do ride allot of tight single track.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.