XR600R weird idle

26 replies to this topic
  • xr500_89

Posted May 27, 2006 - 08:04 AM

maybe you carb just needs to be replaced

• Blome

Posted May 27, 2006 - 10:51 AM

:ride: I would love to just replace it that easy. To bad I don't have $350 to throw away, I'd buy a flatslide with a pumper. As far as the idle screw, I think it was resolved by stepping down one on the pilot screw.

• xr500_89

Posted May 27, 2006 - 02:11 PM

you can get a mikuni flatslide pumper for 269.99

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Blome

Posted May 27, 2006 - 06:32 PM

I would love to and eventually will, but for now it's about $200 more than I can spend. Where did you find that deal anyway?

• xr500_89

Posted May 27, 2006 - 07:29 PM

www.pro-flo.com they got best prices anywhere got a cam for 125 bucks, and the dude is super nice and helpful in fact my carb comes thursday or so

• insruments

Posted January 26, 2009 - 03:26 PM

the top crankcase hose is not supposed to be connected to anything. it is supposed to keep your crankcase at atmospheric pressure level. Their should be another hose running towards the ground and the doesnt connect to anything either thats a drain tube.

• danny v

Posted January 27, 2009 - 09:09 PM

What is your elevation where you are ? Stock motor ? I have had one hell of a time with mine for almost one year ! I dont ride it now as much as before but I have a 65 pilot and a 160 main and I am at sea level in California.
to get out the hesatation on take off,I never did !! :banana:

So I found for me I run the bike with the chock in the 1/2 way pos. and it is great ! I know taht it makes it ru rich but I have tries all jet combos.intake mani "O" ring,cleaned out the carb countless times,new float :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

Then one guy said it is rare but I may have a bad carb and to replace it with the "Eddie". That I am still thinking about, $$$ 210.00 from XRs Only.

When the bike is running,spray WD 40 on the intake and see if the air is moving through the "cracks or seal area".

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.