Mikuni or Edelbrock

24 replies to this topic
  • creeky

Posted May 17, 2006 - 04:55 AM

Do a search on Edelbrock in the DRZ400 forum. There are dyno graphs to prove my point. Just read this: http://www.thumperta...light=edelbrock

I read the thread, very interesting. If I had access to a dyno, yes, I could probably realize optimum performance from my bike with the stock carb through jetting experimentation. The Edelbrock is my choice because after it is dialed in, I don't have to mess with it any more. The bike runs clean throughout the RPM range, has pretty flat torque characteristics, excellent throttle response, and improved fuel economy. I ride for fun, too old to race, mostly woods trails, dirt and gravel roads, so the Edelbrock works good for me simply because it provides the performance I like and is never a hassle. Different strokes and all that.

• xr500_89

Posted May 17, 2006 - 06:33 AM

hmm after that i might just go with an fcr or possibly both, when i have my bike finished i'll get both one for trails and 1 for racing

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4Takt

Posted May 17, 2006 - 06:58 AM

Just read this: http://www.thumperta...light=edelbrock

Thanks for that link. It validates my non-expert suspicions. I've been battling my Edelbrock (650R) for a year now and never felt it was dialed in as well as my stock carb was after I jetted it properly.

On the other hand, I sank my Edelbrock equipped bike in knee deep mud yesterday trying to make it through an apparently dried out lake bed. I was by myself, had to lay the bike on its side to get the rear wheel free, and then drag it out by the front wheel. Took my about half an hour to get it free. Got the bike upright again and it started on the very first kick. :ride:

4Takt

• craig17

Posted June 29, 2006 - 10:11 AM

Anybody have any advice on a pumper carb for a 2000 XR 400. I have only heard bad stuff about the Edelbroch

• HawkGT

Posted June 29, 2006 - 12:39 PM

Anybody have any advice on a pumper carb for a 2000 XR 400. I have only heard bad stuff about the Edelbroch

The Mikuni TM36 seems to be the best choice (it does have a AP). The FCRs don't fit on the XR4 as well--clearence issues. That's the word anyway...

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.