Decision Made - Steering damper

2 replies to this topic
  • Tom14911

Posted October 23, 2001 - 04:35 PM

I'm going with the GPR and the D1H triple clamp. I'll let you guys know how I like it. How would you guys set up the handlebar position? I'm 6-3 about 210. I really feel cramped now. I have the stock triple with enduro pro-tapers. Also I'm looking for a "better" air box mud flap, the stock one stinks. 2001 wr426.

Also I gor an e-mail from Dubach, their hot start relocater will be ready later this week, it looks trick.

Anybody racing the lilliputian?

Tom

------------------

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nev-WR

Posted October 23, 2001 - 11:50 PM

Tom.
I have the GPR stabilizer & D1H triple clamp on my 250F. I'm 6ft so I got the +3 3clamp bar bracket. Your taller so you may need the +4. Both these raise the bars & sit them a bit forward. Either speak with Randy at GPR or Dave of D1H. I got the Henry Protapers although a lot of guys have got the CR hibend which may be better for you. You'll be happy with the GPR/D1H set up & it is easy to fit. For woods, trails & single tracks, I have my GPR dialled in at 3.5.

• BikeDestroyer

Posted October 24, 2001 - 11:49 AM

Tom,

Congrats on your purchase, you won't be disappointed. I have my bar position in the #3 on the DH1 triple clamps. They have 4 positions, but I don't think you can use #4 with the GPR. You will have to call Dave @ DH1 to confirm that though. He will be able to help you out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.