Headlight Issues

4 replies to this topic
  • cjp1135

Posted May 14, 2006 - 07:03 AM

I Have An 02 650r And Am Not Happy With The Stock Headlight. Any Advice As To A Good Relatively Inexpensive Aftermarket Replacement, Dont Want To Make Any Stator Mods. Also Interested In An On/off Switch To Go With It

• motomonte

Posted May 14, 2006 - 01:33 PM

check with acerbis,they sell for about 80 bucks and the twin beams look cool,same 55w bulb.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jamestoo

Posted May 14, 2006 - 02:07 PM

I went with a baja designs duel sport headlight it comes with a replacement glass lamp and turn signals horn on /off swithch battery and relay all the wiring including battery is hidden in the front plastic behind the light......its briliant! :banana: :busted: :smirk: :ride:

Well worth it and you can leave your stator alone!

• Desertskyy

Posted May 15, 2006 - 08:48 AM

I Have An 02 650r And Am Not Happy With The Stock Headlight. Any Advice As To A Good Relatively Inexpensive Aftermarket Replacement, Dont Want To Make Any Stator Mods. Also Interested In An On/off Switch To Go With It

It depends on how much money you want to spend.

I bought a new bulb (A-3603) It is a 25wt/25wt dual filament bulb. I soldered the two contacts together at the base and called it good. It has the same socket base as the stocker. I used an XR/CRF 70 engine kill switch for the bar mounted headlight on/off switch as it is a toggle type. Switch off E-bay was $8.00 a pack of bulbs was $3.00 from my local dealer.

Good Luck

• motochris

Posted May 15, 2006 - 10:50 AM

Replace the stock lense with a glass one from an XR400....get it from your Honda dealer. You'll need the glass lense, and the rubber boot, then buy a 55w H3 bulb for it. BIG difference in light quality and quanity. I also switched to an LED taillight to lighten the elec. load for the headlight.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.