engine noise - is this too loud? valve adj. needed?

4 replies to this topic
  • hedpi

Posted May 14, 2006 - 06:51 AM

http://pwp.netcabo.p...os/im000494.mpg (12mb movie)

• grayracer513

Posted May 14, 2006 - 09:35 AM

If you wonder if the valves need adjusting, why not check the clearance?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hedpi

Posted May 14, 2006 - 01:14 PM

well i'm new to the bike, and maybe the noise is normal..
i'll do that when i get the chance

• grayracer513

Posted May 14, 2006 - 03:00 PM

I find that recordings of an engine are unreliable tools for diagnosing noises. The never sound good enough to be like listening to the real thing. Your best bet is to listen to one or more other similar bikes and compare them. The big YZF's do make a good deal of mechanical racket, and you are not the first person ever to become concerned by it.

• hedpi

Posted May 14, 2006 - 03:29 PM

i actually wasnt concerned at first, but then a friend of mine dropped by in his wr400... and it's just too quiet compared to mine.
weird thing is the noise kind of comes and goes. maybe its the cct.. i'll have to take the top off and check stuff.
anyway thanks for the input :ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.