Tacoed the left Rad! Need to replace within the week

8 replies to this topic
  • Nalgene

Posted May 13, 2006 - 11:17 PM

Looking for a place to buy only the LEFT side of the Rad on a 05 yzf 450.

Did a little dance with a bail of hay in the whoop section tonight and bent it slightly.. IT held all the coolant and seemed to fuction as normal.. but it is kidna pushing out my Rad shroud into my knee when i stick it out... I checked Motosport and Motoworld and Rocky mnt ATV they all say Out of stock.

I'm not going to repair it until later, but i would like a new left side so i can ride next Sat on the track..

Pls any ideas.. Thanks boys

• shanedut

Posted May 14, 2006 - 06:21 AM

You can get both of the radiators at rockymountainatv.com for $368. If you do a search for oem parts you can find just the left side for $230-250. But i know if you buy from rockymountain atv you can have it in 3 days being in AZ if they have it in stock.

• Ga426owner

Posted May 14, 2006 - 06:55 AM

Send it to Mylers they do great work at a fraction of what new cost - I have used them several times
http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/

• RCannon

Posted May 14, 2006 - 07:42 AM

I agree with Mylers. He can do miracles with radiators. Have this one repaired and keep it as a spare while you search for a new one on ebay.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chrisn6104

Posted May 14, 2006 - 08:24 AM

I ordered a set of Fluidyne radiators from TT. They got here in less then a week.

• Nalgene

Posted May 14, 2006 - 01:50 PM

Id Rather not get a whole new set of Rads.. not yet
I might see if the local dealer can get a OEM sent out Asap...

• Ga426owner

Posted May 14, 2006 - 01:53 PM

your slightly bent radiator will look brand new when you get it back from Mylers..... :ride:

• chrisn6104

Posted May 15, 2006 - 12:08 PM

$300 for "one" brand new OEM replacement.
Or $400 for a "set" of brand new fluidyne radiators.
:banana:

I bent my left OEM radiator. I'm thinking about sending it for repair then selling the set on ebay. Maybe I'll make back half the amount I spent on the fluidyne's. Was a no brainer to replace them. The fluidynes are bigger, have better cooling, and far stronger.
Fluidyne radiators with a set of Unabiker guards :ride: cant go wrong.

• yzvet

Posted May 15, 2006 - 01:14 PM

I just used Mylars to. Great service. tHey turned it around in one day. 50.00 and it looks like new.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.