any info on 07 450's

35 replies to this topic
  • Lizard 1

Posted May 16, 2006 - 05:21 AM

I thought EFI was illegal in the current AMA rulebook.....am I wrong?

They'll change the rulebook for the 2007 season and for the beginning of the SX season. EFI will be for 2007 models - not 2006 models...

• Lizard 1

Posted May 16, 2006 - 05:27 AM

what exactly does EFI mean to starting, jetting and electronic ignition?

The Honda rider claimed it was easier to start. Jetting-wise - forget about jets. No more jetting needed. Hook it up to a laptop and push some buttons and download a fuel map tailored for any rider, any condition, and any mixture....

Electronic igniton - see what's on stuff like the current crop sportbikes? think that with only one piston. This technology is going to be great. The only downside I see is that the cost is going to go up for sure. That issue comes up when Joe Public wants a new dirt bike. $7k for a 450 is crazy now. EFI will probably put at least $500 on the tag... Not much, but look at a 2002 CRF450 retail and look at adding $500 to this year's 2006 CRF450. Kinda rough pill to swallow, but we'll all have one in a couple of years.

you'l love the ease of Fuel Injection. Tuning and set-up and throttle response will be great and easy. You can even de-tune to a degree to make the bike more user friendly. All at a click of a button...

• riderman329

Posted May 16, 2006 - 10:05 AM

if you look at the picture of reed's bike in vegas on racer x's website,

reed's bike has thicker radiators. like off of the 05, and the rad shroulds at strait insted of the stuiped curve in them were your legs are getting caught, and were the shroud is bolted to the tank is also flat, not following the curve like the 06 has!

so like i said before, the 07 is going to need new body work.

EFI is going to happen, if not 07 for sure in 08 becasue of US EPA laws.

o-ring chain should come stock,

i also hope that the clutch and ingtion cover come unpainted (less work i have to do to clean up)

stock folding lever

a power now system

and dual exhaust is going to happen in 08 or 09

• riderman329

Posted May 16, 2006 - 11:07 AM

here's the picture

http://www.racerxill.../0000000484.jpg

• Gcrfrider54

Posted May 16, 2006 - 11:47 AM

I just got the new dirtrider and it said that EFI doesn't look likley for 07 but most likley 08. But you can look forwar to a bunch of other improvements to the 06 450 for 07

• GONE1445

Posted May 16, 2006 - 11:58 AM

why are they going to dual exhaust it doesn't add power really and at full throttle its actually louder (or so I hear) and a lot of the crf250's I see are converted to single

• riderman329

Posted May 16, 2006 - 12:00 PM

seems like dual is the way to go

• Ga426owner

Posted May 16, 2006 - 12:14 PM

seems like dual is the way to go

I hope you are wrong...a lot of tuners get better response and power from changing the dual system back to a single system on the CRF's....Honda supposely has a patent on this too...and they are simply a fad in my book :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • riderman329

Posted May 16, 2006 - 03:06 PM

Don From Rocket exhaust told me it's a japaniess (sp) patient, so he Think's that, they other OEM guys can do the dual exhaust stuff here in the US.

• Lizard 1

Posted May 17, 2006 - 03:56 AM

if you look at the picture of reed's bike in vegas on racer x's website,

reed's bike has thicker radiators. like off of the 05, and the rad shroulds at strait insted of the stuiped curve in them were your legs are getting caught, and were the shroud is bolted to the tank is also flat, not following the curve like the 06 has!

so like i said before, the 07 is going to need new body work.

EFI is going to happen, if not 07 for sure in 08 becasue of US EPA laws.

o-ring chain should come stock,

i also hope that the clutch and ingtion cover come unpainted (less work i have to do to clean up)

stock folding lever

a power now system

you do realize that the factory bikes are pretty far from stock in what they have bolted on like radiators, right? If you see any of the Pro-Ams running Hondas, for example, even they have thicker and longer rads. Those SX bikes need bigger and different rads for cooling modded motors.

Look closer and you'll see parts that look stock, but are far from it. Looking at the Japanese National bikes is more a guide of what the next year's machine's will look like. From the looks of it, the shrouds are going to be the same and the only possible cosmetic changes will be seen in the left case cover and swingarm....

• Lizard 1

Posted May 17, 2006 - 04:05 AM

here's the picture

http://www.racerxill.../0000000484.jpg

Not sure what you are seeing, but looks the same as what we have right now. No cosmetic changes to the 07 and maybe a rad change, but haven't heard issues with the current set-up.

http://www.yamaha-mo.../1/0/image.aspx

As far as dual exhaust - I believe Honda has the patent on that and would run until most likely 5 years plus from 2005. Plus, duals are possible, but I doubt it since non of the Japanese teams have been seen working on them.

Folding levers are a possibility, but with EFI coming, I doubt they will do much more than that right away due to cost issues. Possibly see those trick parts on stockers after 08.

Just because Dirt Rider and the other mags state they won't see EFI in 07 doesn't mean much as those are published and the stories written months prior. Leaks get out and the factories can go in a different direction at a moments notice.

I am almost 100% on honda, but Yamaha has been messing with EFI off-road techno for a couple of seasons and I think they are close to being 100% for 07. Of course, the inside guy I know is part of a factory Yamaha team and their sources could be a bit mixed. Don't know, but he's feeling like they will definately see EFI from Yamaha...

• Alex_YZ450F

Posted June 02, 2006 - 03:39 PM

Honda is not going to run EFI in 07; they changed to a 41mm carb and some ohter things.

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 02, 2006 - 04:55 PM

There is going to be no EFI in 2007......so people keep dreaming......and yes duel pipes are the way to go....if I could afford it I would buy it for my YZ450F.

• RCannon

Posted June 02, 2006 - 05:42 PM

Here is the Honda info. Nothing much new.....

http://www.hondanews...171451&mime=JPG

• CharlesFP

Posted June 02, 2006 - 08:37 PM

Suzuki will probably be the only 2007 450 with EFI. They already have it out, on a production quad for 06, which means they are closer than anyone.

• SureBlue

Posted June 02, 2006 - 10:56 PM

Suzuki will probably be the only 2007 450 with EFI. They already have it out, on a production quad for 06, which means they are closer than anyone.

That Suzuki R450 quad has a battery, just like Yamaha Raptor 700 with EFI has, so let's not mix quads here.
The issue is to power the EFI for starting without a battery in dirtbikes.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.