Taller bars, do the cables reach?

Yes, all the cables will reach with the CR Highs and a taller tripleclamp, but you may have to route the cables a little differently. Years ago I used to run CR Highs and a BRP triple clamp that raised the bars on my 650R with the stock cables years ago, but I've since gone to a custom set of bars that are even taller and they require the use of longer custom cables.

Say a CR high bend? :ride:

I run the "Windham" Pro Taper bar (about the same height as the CR high but slightly different bend from what I can tell by feel) and the Scotts sub mount upper clamp. I'm 6' and this put the bars in a very comfortable position. I did have to get longer throttle cables and I run the Precision Concepts cable guide for the clutch cable.

I also have the Windham bend (less pull back than CR-HI) Pro Tapers and Pro Tapers riser/adapters. I have the Contour series though, not the EA-70 and the Contours are only 31.50" wide versus 32" of the EA-70. I'm at the outer limits of the cables. Didn't seem to notice an issue with the throttle, but I did set the clutch about 1/4" in farther... It's more comfortable now anyway. You can always cut the bars, but I like all 31.50" since I'm 6'4". Probably depends if you set them at 0 position or crank them forward. That's why I got the Windham bend.... less pull back. You have to get the XR better for standing. It sucks stock form.

I have the CR High bend Pro Tapers with risers/adapters as well. If you leave the bars uncut it will work, but barely. It puts the throttle cables at their limit, clutch is no probem.

Then I got an Edelbrock carb and it came with cables that are slightly longer than stock: perfect fit.

But id did work with stock cables, there just wasn't much slack if any and you have to rotate the throttle body for shortest distance.

4Takt