Rear fender pouch wanted for my WR

26 replies to this topic
  • Summit

Posted May 16, 2006 - 04:44 AM

My dealer had black Yamaha fender bags for only $16. I think he said that they were for ATVs but they work great for rear fenders on bikes. I put one on mine and like it.

• MountainMax

Posted May 31, 2006 - 02:27 PM

Well it's not the prettiest thing out there but it does hold my insurance and registration, and the spare plug and tool, will have to do for now.....

Posted Image

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 31, 2006 - 05:59 PM

Fender bags look so gay.

I agree. Real men wear fanny packs instead. :applause: :D :prof:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tntmo

Posted May 31, 2006 - 07:42 PM

Okay, I was waiting for the fanny pack input. Here's what I did. I was in WalMart waiting for the wife to finish buying a bunch of crap and saw some black fanny packs for $4.99 on the end of an aisle. I bought a couple of them, cut out some thin plastic to stiffen up the bottom, cut the straps off and bolted it down to the back fender. Looks a lot like the one MountainMax has pictured and was cheap. Saved some money for some NOS stickers so my bike can go faster.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 31, 2006 - 08:15 PM

Why not just wear a backpack and put the stuff in there? I carry tools, two tubes of slime, a bicycle pump, towrope and small pully, lunch, gatorade, jacket and a 100oz bladder bag. its really not heavy on my back. I don't have that extra weight on my a$$. I also look pretty manly keeping the back of the bike clean.

Whats wrong with a backpack? It gets the job done.

• tony1970

Posted May 31, 2006 - 11:52 PM

Why not just wear a backpack and put the stuff in there? I carry tools, two tubes of slime, a bicycle pump, towrope and small pully, lunch, gatorade, jacket and a 100oz bladder bag. its really not heavy on my back. I don't have that extra weight on my a$$. I also look pretty manly keeping the back of the bike clean.

Whats wrong with a backpack? It gets the job done.

I agree. I have used all three. Rear fender packs hit you in the A$$, thrash your tools, and give your bike that "Share The Trails" look. Fanny packs end up bouncing around putting strain on your lower back and pulling on your guts. I have a Camelbak Mule and to me it is the best size for the common trail ride. Enough room for your tools and spare stuff like survival gear, snacks, and levers. For all day high mileage rides I have a larger Fox backpack that holds a 100oz bladder, lunch, and enough room for overnight survival gear for two if need be, but it does get heavy. After using a backpack I will never go back to the other two options.

• MountainMax

Posted June 01, 2006 - 04:26 PM

When i do long rides i take my yamaha backpack, but i keep my registration and insurance in there (in a baggie) and a few other small things, it's bolted down on three sides so it don't bounce around, It's just a safety glasses case i got from work, (shush) but it will do until i find a better one.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.