Rear fender pouch wanted for my WR

26 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted May 13, 2006 - 04:04 PM

Has anyone put a pouch on thier rear fenders? im looking for a place to put a small first aid kit and registration papers for my bike, I seen one on a kawi today and now i want one or my bike....

• comrade_yzf

Posted May 13, 2006 - 04:07 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=324551

\May do this myself. looks good

• comrade_yzf

Posted May 13, 2006 - 04:24 PM

I especialy like the front pouch for tools

• ETP

Posted May 13, 2006 - 06:18 PM

I wanted a low profile bag for my back fender, so I settled on a pouch designed to hold a tire tube to the front fender. To mount it I drilled two holes thru it and my rear fender and bolted it down with fender washers right behind the seat. Works great. I keep a tow strap, lock cable and a few tools in it.

• MountainMax

Posted May 13, 2006 - 06:43 PM

thanks for the link but it still don't say where it's from or who makes it...... just how to mount it.....

• beakr

Posted May 13, 2006 - 07:27 PM

I put one from Dirt-bike-gear.com on mine. Great bag--much better than the Moose fender bags IMO. I got the ballistic fender bag. It is heavier material than the Cordura. The KDX size fits our bikes well--mine is an '04. :ride:

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted May 13, 2006 - 08:36 PM

Mtn Max, I have one on my WR (see my garage for picture of it) and its a Moose® but its actually made by Chase Harper. It comes in colors, or you can do the black. It has a nice thick plastic innerds that mounts ot the fender with a nice cinch strap to hold your tools in place. I used the Moose® tool wrap for my tool kit. I like it!

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted May 14, 2006 - 12:31 AM

moose makes a really nice rear fender bag

• PBDBLUE

Posted May 14, 2006 - 05:17 AM

I've used both the Dirt-Bike-Gear and the Moose bags on my WR's. Pro's and cons to each. The Moose bag is a little easier to get things in and out of but at the cost of being much more bulky. The DBG bag is more compact and the strap system holds everything more securely but it is more difficult to access the contents. Both are well made but IMO the DBG is the better of the two.

• Bamster

Posted May 14, 2006 - 05:32 AM

Fender bags look so gay. My buddy had a fender bag on his bike and it was full of tools. So we swap bikes for a bit. I kept getting spanked in the A$$ with a bag full of tools in a Whooped out section.
Just my 2 cents.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted May 14, 2006 - 06:30 AM

Well im hoping for a bag that won't pup up and hit me in the ass, it must be secured to the fender, and I want a blue one to match/ not stand out as much, my bike, is there a website for these ones?

• PBDBLUE

Posted May 14, 2006 - 06:58 AM

Don't know if you can get a blue one anymore. Rumor is that Moose dropped the blue color and only makes black now. The DBG bag is black but is less likely to smack you in the A$$. The Moose bag has a stiffener in the sides so it's the same height no matter what you put in it. The DBG has straps that cinch down the whole bag so it's only as high as the stuff you put in it.

http://www.dirt-bike...istic_bags.html

• Bamster

Posted May 14, 2006 - 08:50 AM

The bag was secured to the fender. It just got in the way when I hung my arse out the rear in the whoops.
like this
Posted Image

• comrade_yzf

Posted May 14, 2006 - 12:13 PM

I dont think blue would look very good, slim chance it would be a good match and limited variety of bags are found in blue. I think if its a firmer bag and its secured good it wont hit you in the arse to badly.

• comrade_yzf

Posted May 14, 2006 - 12:25 PM

I would put this on the rear fender of my bike. Low profile, lots of pockets.

http://www.motorcycl...=636&division=6

• ARin

Posted May 14, 2006 - 01:06 PM

The pack i mounted in that picture tutorial was from dirt bike gear.

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted May 14, 2006 - 08:09 PM

The pack i mounted in that picture tutorial was from dirt bike gear.

The Moose® blue pack does match OK. But it does stick up there a bit. I'm 6'0" and its not an issue for me. The pack show in the picture was new, it has flattened out quite a bit and does set lower now.

Posted Image

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted May 14, 2006 - 10:47 PM

The Moose® blue pack does match OK. But it does stick up there a bit. I'm 6'0" and its not an issue for me. The pack show in the picture was new, it has flattened out quite a bit and does set lower now.

Posted Image

Nice bike, love the graphics. I think that blue Moose bag is unavailable now. I wanted a blue one for my WR but can't find a blue one anywhere

• Bamster

Posted May 15, 2006 - 04:04 AM

Nice bike toyota_mdt_tech. I love the look. Although I would not have gayed it up with the fender bag.
I would have left off the swing arm sticker too.
The money you would have saved you could have gotten some bark busters.

• silverlakerider

Posted May 15, 2006 - 07:23 AM

Try www.cycoactive.com they have all kind of cool setups. I use their front fender bag and I use an MSR rear tool kit bolted to the fender. I had a somewhat big bag on the back of my YZ fender and after a while the weight of it (while blasting through the desert in 5th gear) bent my fender down. So I went to the smaller MSR tool/goodies pouch. I've used it for 4 years now.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.