I need a better seat!!!!!

10 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted May 13, 2006 - 03:50 PM

I just got back today from a long ride, almost 100km and my @SS is so sore, the seat on the 06 WR450F is very very hard and narrow. Can you guys recomend a larger thicker seat, or maybe thicker foam and new cover?

• bcavmechanic

Posted May 13, 2006 - 03:57 PM

Check out Guts Racing Seats and Foam http://www.gutsracing.com/ they have three levels of firmness in standard and high foam. I am just getting ready to order a new soft foam for my wife as her seat on her 05' WR 250f is horribly hard and thin. I would like to put a tall one on for her for more padding but she is too short for the bike as it is.
Greg

• MountainMax

Posted May 13, 2006 - 04:12 PM

Thanks, im very tall so i could use a taller seat with softer foam forsure for the longer rides.

• Ibis

Posted May 13, 2006 - 05:13 PM

I just completed 12 days of 2,100 mostly seated miles in Baja with the Guts soft foam on my 06 WR 450. I have zero complaints. :ride:

• MountainMax

Posted May 13, 2006 - 06:44 PM

thanks, a Guts one it will be for me too then........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rudiedj

Posted May 14, 2006 - 08:21 AM

I just use a cycling pants, with the foam insert. helps a lot.

• Bamster

Posted May 14, 2006 - 08:51 AM

I stand up alot.

• nitronaf

Posted May 14, 2006 - 02:47 PM

I just completed 12 days of 2,100 mostly seated miles in Baja with the Guts soft foam on my 06 WR 450. I have zero complaints. :ride:

NOICE!!!! congrats on the completion man!
I been looking for a comment like this to silence my um's and ah's
u get tall or stock? also wat cover? :banana:

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 15, 2006 - 07:12 AM

2 WR's each has had the tall softy foam with the hard core gripper cover, all from GUTS. I had to replace the cover once on my 400 after 3 years...... the one on my 450 has two years on it and still looks good :ride: I ride 3 to 5 times per month its a good quality deal. :banana:

• Seabass

Posted May 15, 2006 - 04:47 PM

I did some trips down in Baja with the stock seat and after a 300 mile day my arse was sore!! I changed it out and replaced it with the GUTS racing tall/ soft foam and what a difference!! I won't ride without one anymore.

• MountainMax

Posted May 15, 2006 - 05:39 PM

thanks for the confidence guys, I just ordered the tall seat with the competition cover in SOFT..... Now im wondering if i should/need to raise my handlebars to compensate for the taller seat.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.