wr 400 valve adjustment??

2 replies to this topic
  • jjk

Posted May 13, 2006 - 01:50 PM

I've recently pulled my bike out from being stored for the winter. It fired up on the first kick and seemed to run good. Next day, I can't get it started. I changed the gas and threw in a new plug. It has spark, fuel and good compression. My question is, I've had the bike for two years now and not adjuted the valves. I was planning on doing that first thing this season. If the valves were that far out of whack would this be a possibilty for not being able to start it?????
Thanks...............

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted May 13, 2006 - 10:36 PM

if there was fuel in your carb it will have evaporated. you will need to do a full carb clean.

• Bamster

Posted May 14, 2006 - 05:35 AM

Yes they become hard to start when the valves tighten up but it sounds like you have other issiues too.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.