new 426

10 replies to this topic
  • e30M3

Posted May 13, 2006 - 12:59 PM

Thanks again for everyone's help the past several weeks. I finally found a bike worth getting and I got it this morning. It's a clean, low hour, 2002 YZ426.

I was going to post a picture but the posting rules at the bottom of my page says:

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

• Zique

Posted May 13, 2006 - 08:02 PM

If you've got pictures, load them up at photobucket.com or something of the sort and just link to them. Congrats on the purchase! :ride:

• Scotty426

Posted May 13, 2006 - 08:07 PM

Great bike

• e30M3

Posted May 14, 2006 - 06:17 AM

Here is a picture:

Posted Image

I am going to change the pipe, powder coat the frame black, and get the retro yellow kit from One Industries. Mechanically its in good shape but I am going to change to an '03 cam and maybe a rekluse if I can afford it.

• sw99

Posted May 14, 2006 - 06:36 AM

Damn! Thats a super clean bike! Very nice!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hedpi

Posted May 14, 2006 - 07:14 AM

looks great. why are you going to change the exhaust? too loud?
mine is powder coated black, but i have black plastics, i wouldn't powder coat yours, as the blue looks good with the blue plastics, and it would look cleaner blue.anyway good luck with the bike :ride:

• e30M3

Posted May 14, 2006 - 07:21 AM

I am only going to change the frame color to better match the yellow. I plan on having the bike for a long time and don't think I will go back to the blue anytime soon.

As far as the exhaust I do some riding in a national forest and they do inspect the bikes. I was thinking of the FMF Q2 but don't know if I should get a regular FMF and buy the inserts. I am not an "expert" rider and I don't think I will miss the little bit of power that will be "robbed" with the Q2. I am open to any thoughts and suggestions.

While talking about it, can anyone tell me why the Pro Circuit pipe (the forest friendly one) is $100 more than the FMF. I have always like Pro Circuit but I can't justify $100 more just for the big name (they have bragging rights since most the winning supercross bikes have Pro Circuit pipes...)

• jim1234

Posted May 14, 2006 - 08:55 AM

Larry,I have a fmf q core in my garage I'll sell you :ride:

• e30M3

Posted May 14, 2006 - 01:43 PM

That's pretty funny-did you look at the picture of the bike, might look familiar to you...

If I get a Q I think I will what the newer one, the original seems a bit long to me.

• 2wheels-drz

Posted May 14, 2006 - 01:55 PM

holy hell did you just take it out of the crate of wat?? am jealous, minds kinda coming close on "beat to hell"!! goodluck wif your new bike!!

• jim1234

Posted May 14, 2006 - 02:43 PM

Ya, I've seen that bike somewhere. I think all the Q pipes are pretty long that is what helps make them quiet.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.