Contemplating going back to stock carb...

5 replies to this topic
  • wickedsprint

Posted May 12, 2006 - 08:36 PM

As the title says, Edelbrock makes good power but is no easier to start than my properly jetted stocker, the stocker would always start first kick cold, the Eddy takes 3-4 with alot of priming and hot they are about the same, the stocker I think I might be able to change jets by tilting the carb sideways, not sure but I definitely have to prop the tank up to adjust the Eddy, and boy does this thing drink fuel with this carb, I can hit reserve in 45 miles of hard riding...but it does act like she is running rich. I guess I need to fiddle with some more to make it worthwhile, I'm not really going to go back to stock :ride:

• xr500_89

Posted May 12, 2006 - 09:01 PM

if you want to sell it lemme know...

• Old_Man_Time

Posted May 12, 2006 - 10:09 PM

With my Edelbrock I average about 28 miles per gallon in the desert. I have a stage one Hotcam and that is why my mileage sucks. My buddy who has the same set up (Edelbrock carb) but stock cam averages 35 mpg in the desert. :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr500_89

Posted May 13, 2006 - 08:35 AM

wow then my gas mileage is gonna suck too cause i dont have a stock engine part left.

• frankstr

Posted May 14, 2006 - 07:34 AM

Well, you must have something way off on the adjustment or somethin...
I have the Edelbrock and it starts much better..would never go back to the stock carb.... :ride:

• 4whlfun

Posted May 14, 2006 - 02:41 PM

I don't know why? I am still using your old stock carb and still working great :banana: Thanks Frankstr :ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.