1994 xr650l stalling

3 replies to this topic
  • noeford

Posted May 12, 2006 - 07:55 PM

Hi, can someone please help! I just bought a 94 and I love it. The bike starts fine but after riding for about 10 minutes is stalls! It will sometimes start again but wont stay running. After is cools down a little I get another 5 to ten minute ride! I removed smog pump, took carb apart thinking mabe fuel problem. It started right up and did the same exact thing! Now I leaning toward ignition problem, where do I go from here?? Thanks, Steve

• rokklym

Posted May 14, 2006 - 08:50 PM

Do you know anyone else with an XRL? I had issues with mine and borrowed my friends CDI and mine ran perfect. the new CDI was $131 so I'd try to test it with a working one first. They claim you can't bench test a CDI and they won't take one back thats been used, So its best to make 100% sure first.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted May 15, 2006 - 08:54 AM

Make sure the tank vent isn't clogged. If it is, the tank gets a vacuum as the engine uses gas. To check try this, ride until it stalls. Unscrew the gas cap. If it starts again and runs for a few minutes, that's the problem.

• LotsOfBikes

Posted May 16, 2006 - 09:36 PM

This is something that a friend of mine experienced. Because of medical problems, his '95 600R sat for three years and the gasketts in the carburetor were rotten. I bought him a carburetor rebuild kit from ServiceHonda and it fixed that problem.

To this day, that bike runs perfect.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.