Acerbis tank - shrouds?

4 replies to this topic
  • Darth Wader

Posted May 12, 2006 - 05:05 PM

Hey all - I've been reading about the Acerbis tank and very interested, my only question is will the shrouds bolt in or do you need to replace them with YZ shrouds?

Thanks!!

• Doug kirkpatrick

Posted May 12, 2006 - 05:35 PM

Installed an Acebis 3.3 on my 2005 WR450 and the stock shrouds fit back on with no problem. My right hand Unibiker rad guard didn't though). :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CJ06WR

Posted May 12, 2006 - 06:06 PM

Doug,

"My right hand Unibiker rad guard didn't though." I want to install this tank on my 06 WR450. I currently have the unibiker rad guards installed and I like them a lot. Did you have to modify the right side guard to make it work?

• jerryls

Posted May 12, 2006 - 07:14 PM

I used a Dremel to take a little notch out where it was hitting the tank. Works fine, no problems.

Jerry

• OneToGo

Posted May 12, 2006 - 09:50 PM

Installed an Acebis 3.3 on my 2005 WR450 and the stock shrouds fit back on with no problem. My right hand Unibiker rad guard didn't though). :ride:

Can you post a pic of the problem area, thanks. Also thinking of doing the same and likewise have Unabikers...
:banana:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.