Rim sizes

7 replies to this topic
  • comrade_yzf

Posted May 12, 2006 - 04:16 PM

What rim sizes are you street guys using on your wr(450)'s. Also what tires are you running strickly for street?

• tmckeown

Posted May 12, 2006 - 09:13 PM

HI,

I would recommend 17" rims for street use. You have ton's more of options in tires, because almost all streetbikes are using same size.

Timo Mc

• comrade_yzf

Posted May 13, 2006 - 08:10 AM

Whats the widest i can go up to. I would like to use the stock tires off my friends R6 but they will most definatly be to big.

• comrade_yzf

Posted May 13, 2006 - 08:51 AM

Also, will front tires offer good rear wheel traction and where can i get a good set of inexpensisve rims?

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tmckeown

Posted May 13, 2006 - 09:01 AM

Hi,

I use 3.5" in the front and 4.25" at the rear. Supermoto tires are 120 wide in the front and 160 wide at the rear.

Timo Mc

• tmckeown

Posted May 13, 2006 - 09:10 AM

Hi,

It always go to define inexpensive. Supermoto rims will cost a $1000 a set.
If you buy talon hubs and Excel rim + spokes and are willing to lace them yourself. You'll save $200

Timo Mc

• comrade_yzf

Posted May 13, 2006 - 10:01 AM

Is it almost worth getting this
http://www.motostran...om/wheels3.html
and a nice set of street tires

I dont plan on racing, just converting it to street.

• tmckeown

Posted May 13, 2006 - 11:57 AM

Hi,

Nice set, I would go to race with those :ride:

Timo Mc

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.