06 XR 650 L shuts down while on reserve at high speed.

1 reply to this topic
  • elevatorgod

Posted May 12, 2006 - 03:56 PM

I have been riding the same route to and from work for the past month.I hit reserve on the way home at 63 to 65 miles on the odom.I have made it home without any problems at 94 miles. This past week I removed the silencer from the W/B e2 because it sounds so ****in nice, but now the bike completely shuts down at 87 to 89 miles while on the freeway!!! When I finally get over to the shoulder,I lean the bike over to wards the petcock a few times and it starts back up and I'm able to make it home.
Is the bike overheating? Should I put the silencer back in and see what happens?This bike wants to go I can't slow down!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • elrontx

Posted May 12, 2006 - 05:22 PM

your proably getting less gass milage with silencer out you should rejet if you do any exaust mods

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.