I Hate My New '06 Yz450f!

21 replies to this topic

Posted May 13, 2006 - 02:28 PM

that's exactly what my wife said.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kawirider

Posted May 13, 2006 - 07:38 PM

Different sprockets doesn't mean anything when riding MX or most other types of riding. Just have to hit stuff a gear higher. I run a 13 51 on my bike and wish I went to a 52 or 53. Sprockets only really change how low first gear is and what the top speed is. Considering I've yet to hit 5th or even 4th gear on my bike with it geared down I don't really need the top speed and I do a bit of woods riding in the summer so the deep first helps a LOT when boonie crashing over logs and brush piles. The 14 51 my bike came with was WAY too tall for my kind of riding.

14/51 was too tall and you run a 13/51? Are you crazy? what are you doing where you need gearing that low? How can you run 13/51 and never get out of 3rd gear? Are you doing goat trails or something?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.