2001 YZ426 Question

3 replies to this topic
  • sldietz

Posted May 12, 2006 - 11:19 AM

Is the boysene water pump a good purchase?

• grayracer513

Posted May 12, 2006 - 12:54 PM

Is there something that makes you think your stock one isn't good enough?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sldietz

Posted May 12, 2006 - 03:25 PM

No..I was just wondering if it was more efficient at moving the fluid. Riding in the central valley in the summer is hell.

• e30M3

Posted May 12, 2006 - 09:08 PM

I have pondered the question, do those aftermarket pumps/impellers actually improve anything. I am by no means an expert but two things come to mind-The first is Yamaha spent a lot of time and money to get it just the way it is, you can't tell me they weren't smart enough to develop a "better design".

The second thing is I read somewhere (I know, you shouldn't believe everything you read) that if you move the water too fast, there is a potential it won't spend enough time in the radiator where it needs to be to disperse the heat. Basically if the water is moving to fast it is passing through the motor before it has a chance to dissipate the heat it absorbed on the last pass.

I have seen stickers that you put on the radiator that give you a reading of the temp-measuring the actual temperature is probably the only way to know for sure for your bike and conditions.

Sorry if my spelling might be off-I only have a public education and the spell check feature wasn't working when I posted this.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.