650r road trip!

11 replies to this topic
  • drzoomn

Posted May 12, 2006 - 08:19 AM

hey all, thought you might enjoy the blog of my denver to SF trip...

http://blogs.sun.com...tname=/Personal

more post to come, i gotta get my sore arse on the road!

cheers
andrew

• edssco

Posted May 12, 2006 - 09:02 AM

Thats a long way GOOD LUCK
Ed

• Jayzonk

Posted May 12, 2006 - 10:53 AM

So you have a second seat taped over top of the first seat? Interesting! Looks like it might be a tad slippery.
Parked outside the Kum'n Go, eh? Did you at least give 'er a kiss before you left? :ride:

• qadsan

Posted May 12, 2006 - 11:11 AM

Great story, cute kid & a fantastic wife :ride: !

Ride safely and keep the story coming :banana:

• gnarly sprockets

Posted May 12, 2006 - 07:34 PM

The short way is only about 1250 miles. Are you riding back also?

• drzoomn

Posted May 12, 2006 - 11:45 PM

So you have a second seat taped over top of the first seat? Interesting! Looks like it might be a tad slippery.
Parked outside the Kum'n Go, eh? Did you at least give 'er a kiss before you left? :ride:

no i just repositioned the first seat. without the tape it wasn't too slippery. i updated the blog with some more seat mods tho to suppliment the bicycle gel seat cover.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr500_89

Posted May 13, 2006 - 09:03 AM

damn dude your nuts

• 4whlfun

Posted May 14, 2006 - 02:44 PM

OW :banana: OW :busted: OW :smirk: Only 1250 miles to go :ride:

• Big Red Paul

Posted May 14, 2006 - 03:57 PM

Glad to see that you are home in one piece.

Just really concerned about you keeping that yellow Suzuki front light on the bike. Tell me it's going ? Prob the reason for the run-in with five-oh.

It was fun watching your progress. Best of luck with the bike.

• Thunderbug

Posted May 14, 2006 - 04:50 PM

You know if you would just buy the Edelbrock you wouldn't need to re-jet for altitude changes.

What was your sprocket sizes for street riding the pig?

• drzoomn

Posted May 14, 2006 - 10:16 PM

Glad to see that you are home in one piece.

Just really concerned about you keeping that yellow Suzuki front light on the bike. Tell me it's going ? Prob the reason for the run-in with five-oh.

It was fun watching your progress. Best of luck with the bike.

ha, well i might actually keep the light, but i'm going to look for a white shroud for it. the light worked really nicely i don't have experience with the stock light, but it looks pathetic next to the drz light.

glad you enjoyed the post, so far i love the bike.

as for the sprocket, i just changed the front to a 15 and it cruised 80mph all day long.

i was thinking of checking out the edlebrock someday, but for getting it home i needed to do it on the cheap and changing jets on the xr was a breeze.

and to gnarly sprockets' question, nope, i'm not riding back. however i may ride it up to washington to get the sidecar put on it. i haven't decided yet.

anyway, i'll be lurking around the xr forum, asking obvious questions about things i'm too lazy to search for :ride:

• ztsd

Posted May 15, 2006 - 03:43 AM

Cool blog! Thanks!

Wow, quite a trip and you are a resourceful fellow...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.