New Pipe and Jetting = Slower...???

8 replies to this topic
  • ACMoodz

Posted May 12, 2006 - 05:59 AM

My 05 650L feels slower!!!!! I put an XRs Only ss header and muffler with the quiet insert and a dynojet kit and...de-snorkeled. Bottom end is a little better but it falls flat on the top end. Any suggestions?

• goblin127

Posted May 12, 2006 - 06:33 AM

My 05 650L feels slower!!!!! I put an XRs Only ss header and muffler with the quiet insert and a dynojet kit and...de-snorkeled. Bottom end is a little better but it falls flat on the top end. Any suggestions?

I run the same pipe minus the quiet core and have only gained on the top. May be larger main and you might want to see what it runs like with out the Q core. You will have to experiment. I ended up putting on the XRs only mikuni flat slide carb and this thing runs so much better its amazing.

• scapegoat

Posted May 12, 2006 - 08:18 AM

Do a couple full throttle speed runs then pull the plug and check for color. Its probably to lean. When you start to roll on the throttle up near the top end and it starts to flatten let back off on the throttle slowly and see if it kinda starts to pull again. This is also a sign of to lean top end.

• ghoti

Posted May 12, 2006 - 08:48 AM

Did you also change the air filter?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ACMoodz

Posted May 12, 2006 - 10:39 AM

Yes, I installed a unifilter. I am gonna go back to the facory needle and shim it and try a larger main (that would complete "Daves mods")

• lrutt

Posted May 12, 2006 - 12:15 PM

Just change 1 thing at a time, not 2.

Go with the larger main first.

When tuning carbs, never adjust 2 variables at once. You will never know which is taking care of the problem.

• ACMoodz

Posted May 12, 2006 - 03:00 PM

I have the Dynojet main in it now. I have several main jets. Will regular jets work with a dynojet needle?

• goblin127

Posted May 12, 2006 - 07:51 PM

I have the Dynojet main in it now. I have several main jets. Will regular jets work with a dynojet needle?

They worked for me but in the end I went back to the factory needle shimmed.

• martinfan30

Posted May 12, 2006 - 08:19 PM

i had the same problem. djet kit and used the 165 main it came with. dropped down to the 160 main and problem solved. keep the djet needle and settings the kit recomends, just try the 160. oh, drill the slide.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.