Any inputs on 2000 YZ400F?

14 replies to this topic
  • Eulogy

Posted May 11, 2006 - 08:39 PM

Im considering on buying a bike this summer, so i was wondering if you experts here have any info on this particular model and year. Only problem with it is that the waterpump has little leak. Is it easy to fix that kind of problems?

• rasta

Posted May 11, 2006 - 08:47 PM

waterpump is a easy fix, but i am pretty sure year 2000 was a 426 not a 400

• yzingin426

Posted May 11, 2006 - 08:51 PM

I would recheck your info. I've never heard of a 2000 yz400. anyways, the waterpump will be an easy fix. what kind of condition is it in? what price?

• One Louder

Posted May 11, 2006 - 11:52 PM

I would recheck your info. I've never heard of a 2000 yz400. anyways, the waterpump will be an easy fix. what kind of condition is it in? what price?

There is a 2000 wr400 :ride:

• Eulogy

Posted May 12, 2006 - 04:26 AM

Ah, thanks. So its probably a 426. Seems the owner doesnt know much. Ill check with him later. The price is around 2500. Keep in mind that i live in Norway, and bikes tend to cost A LOT here compared to the US. But its a very good price here in Norway.
The bike is in good condition. He bought a Harley, thats why he wants to get rid of his Yamaha. It has new plastic, new tires and new gasswire. Winter tires or whatever you call it is a part of the deal also.

• SteveThompson

Posted May 12, 2006 - 09:22 AM

Are you talking about a YZF400R streetbike?

If so, they are not and were never imported to the US.

STEVE

• MotoGoalie

Posted May 12, 2006 - 10:08 AM

It's so funny when noobs get number confused and other noobs get facts confused and nobody knows what anybody is saying.

It's like a Three Stooges episode.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Eulogy

Posted May 12, 2006 - 11:01 AM

Nope. Im talking about a dirtbike. Ive seen several ads, same year and same model.

• kid on a 426

Posted May 12, 2006 - 01:49 PM

Dude check my garage. There was a 2000 wr400 but the 2000 yzf was a 426 here in the US. Europe might be a bit different though. Also 2500 isnt that expensive, California is overall expensive and my area is one of the fastest growing in the country so everything is VERY expensive here. I bought my 2000 yz426 in great condition for 3000. When looking at a used dirtbike don't worry about the goodies on it just try to find the lowest hours and best maintained and it wil payoff tenfold in the long run especially with 4-strokes

• Eulogy

Posted May 13, 2006 - 04:26 AM

Thanks man. You have a nice bike. The only problem with the bike was the waterpump. Ill try and get some more info about it, and youre right, the price for that particular bike is very good.

• Zique

Posted May 13, 2006 - 08:22 PM

If Norway is expensive, then yes, that sounds like about the right price. I got a good deal on mine about 6 months ago for $1800. I did the BK mod, a WB exhaust, and gave it the right jetting and the thing runs great.

BTW, if the guy may be confused about it being a 400 or a 426, he may also be confused if it is a wr or a yz. Also, you may want to ask him how often he did the regular maintenance (oil, chain, etc.) because if he didn't take care of it you will find more problems than just the waterpump. I would agree w/ kid, don't look at goodies right now, look at overall condition. You can always add goodies yourself.

• crashyz426

Posted May 19, 2006 - 10:12 AM

I bought my 2000 426 back in the fall last year bone stock in mint shape, still had the paint on the frame and not a scratch on the plastic for $2000. somebody traded it in on a John Deere tractor lol. I have touched the carb, or the fuel screw or anything and it runs its balls off. its got a few more scratches and white spots on the plastic now though

• GONE1445

Posted May 19, 2006 - 06:31 PM

I bought my 2001 426 2 years ago for 2970 OTD with a helmet but that is including a bunch of crap that dealers tack on and the kicker when we where leaving the guy was gonna keep the triangle stand that was holding the bike up... &%$#@! but I got one out of him haha!

• Eulogy

Posted May 19, 2006 - 08:48 PM

If Norway is expensive, then yes, that sounds like about the right price. I got a good deal on mine about 6 months ago for $1800. I did the BK mod, a WB exhaust, and gave it the right jetting and the thing runs great.

BTW, if the guy may be confused about it being a 400 or a 426, he may also be confused if it is a wr or a yz. Also, you may want to ask him how often he did the regular maintenance (oil, chain, etc.) because if he didn't take care of it you will find more problems than just the waterpump. I would agree w/ kid, don't look at goodies right now, look at overall condition. You can always add goodies yourself.

Its sold, so im looking for another bike now. From what ive seen here he wasnt the only guy here in Norway selling a 2000 YZ400F. Are all of those guys confused?

• kid on a 426

Posted May 20, 2006 - 05:24 PM

Well like I said Europe might be different, my dad has told me before that streetbikes usually have different names and sometimes they wait to bring a new model over there or over here. It might be the same for dirtbikes but I don't know. Try to get a motorcycle identification guide. We have a Honda one and it tells every bike Honda had ever made in every country and what the different years look like and what the changes each year were. Also the 426 might have been a mid-year introduction. I wouldn't know I was only 7 years old in 2000.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.