A story you should hear

12 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted May 11, 2006 - 04:06 PM

As I moved unseen among the menbers of the CRF450 forum, I found a post on valves, naturally enough. But this one linked to a post in the DRZ400 forum, and it shows that there are some genuinely high quality people behind the scenes and otherwise involved with this forum. Take note:

And hats off to the lot. :ride: :banana:

• NYMXer

Posted May 11, 2006 - 04:19 PM

I love happy endings. :ride:

• txthumper

Posted May 11, 2006 - 04:26 PM

now thats what i call service. I bought some crf valves from ron hamp couple years ago, we talked for a good bit on the phone, he is a stand up guy and will continue to get my business.

• grayracer513

Posted May 11, 2006 - 05:18 PM

The way that Ron and the Brians stepped up is impressive, but not really a surprise anymore. What struck me was Ferrea saying "I want to warranty the other guy's stuff". THAT is definitely stepping out of the box.

• Zique

Posted May 11, 2006 - 09:25 PM

I've had great experiences w/ TT as well. Not as extensive as the aformentioned(sp?) issue, but in an order I placed, one of the Brians realized that a part I had ordered had a note "not for the 426" -- Although this was not stated when I ordered it, he picked up on it in his notes during processing and called me to double check. He noticed that all the other parts I had order were for the 426 and figured he had a pretty good assumption that this part was for the 426 as well. Any other company would have just shipped the part out and said tough luck when it didn't fit. Thanks TT!!

• MotoGoalie

Posted May 12, 2006 - 06:41 AM

That is a tremendous story of exceptional business management.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted May 12, 2006 - 08:06 AM

It makes one very leary of buying anything from Kibblewhite...... :ride:

Posted May 12, 2006 - 08:17 AM

It makes one very leary of buying anything from Kibblewhite...... :banana:

Now aren't you glad you own a Yamaha and don't have to worry about such things!

• kid on a 426

Posted May 12, 2006 - 01:56 PM

I have always thought that kibblewhite products were fairly good. This story I guess proves otherwise. Thank you TT

• grayracer513

Posted May 12, 2006 - 02:20 PM

Kibblewhite is not the point of my posting this. The point is the way in which the problem was solved.

• odlaw19

Posted May 12, 2006 - 06:25 PM

Guess where people will be buying valves from now.....

• Satch0922

Posted May 12, 2006 - 06:50 PM

Ron Hamp is the man! :banana: :ride:

All I have ever heard from people who have dealt with Ron is that he is the expert when it comes to valvetrains...and he is a good people!

• WFOracer

Posted May 12, 2006 - 07:14 PM

I don't think I have ever heard of a company warrantying another company's product before. That is going beyond their call of duty, and probably gained a few customers.

I know that I would buy Ferrea valves instead of KW's....I almost bought some KW's for an older bike of mine, thank god I didn't.

Thanks for the post Gray!

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.