Yamakaze

4 replies to this topic
  • MX_Tuner

Posted October 22, 2001 - 07:16 AM

Hey Bill,

Did you hit the woods yesterday? How were the forks?

------------------
MX Tuner

• YAMAKAZE

Posted October 23, 2001 - 06:05 AM

Mark,

David and I went to the Supercross Track in Warner Robbins instead. I had to make a couple of adjustments to compensate for the BIG jumps there.....From 10 out to 8 out on the front fork compression...Now dialed in, and from 10 out to 5 out on the Compression side of the rear shock, Now Dialed in. Also found that the reason for my kick to the right was because of a mis adjusted wheel as you suspected. I used a micrometer to measure the distance from the center of the travel limit on each arm to the bolt and found that the wheel was turned to the right 3mm . Recentered and kick disappeared.

I bottomed hard on my first run around the track (Man some of those jumps were big), David and I made the adjustments and man what a difference. Even hard landings were no big deal. It looks like it will be a few weeks before I can get back to the woods. Next weekend I need to finish the new room for my wife. Might have a couple of hours on Sunday afternoon, but I think I'll try the new track in Luthersville since it's only 30 minutes away.

The new exhaust should be here sometime this week. While inspecting the underside of my bike I found that the bottom outside frame tube has a good sized indentation laterally. Looks like I took a direct hit on a sharp rock the last time I was in the woods....I can't remember ever casing it hard enough to do that kind of damage. No cracks or splits. I think I'll spend the $72.00 and buy the White Brothers Skid Plate that will cover the water pump, stator and the frame tubes along the bottom as insurance. I darn sure cannot afford a new frame right now. Everything else looked good.

Thanks for all your help.

Bonzai Posted Image

------------------
1999 WR 400F:
Headlight Removed,Odo Removed,Gray Wire - Cut,Throttle Stop - Trimmed,YZ Timing,GYT-R Pro-Bend Hand Guards /Tripple Clamp Mounts,YZ Front/Rear Fender,YZ Number Plate,DEVOL Radiator Guards,Race Tech Suspension(by MXTuner),Dunlop 756 Front and Rear,Renthal Fat Bars W/GYT-R Pad,Renthal 14/53 Gearing,DID Race Chain,Custom Grips,Graphics by CEET,White Brothers E-Series Exhaust,Modified Compression Release,Acerbis Frame Guards,12 oz Flywheel Weight;Polaris 400 Sport,Polaris 250 Trailblazer

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted October 24, 2001 - 03:38 PM

Bill, the Works Connection & Moose offer the same coverage at $55-65.00 - Mark?

• MX_Tuner

Posted October 25, 2001 - 01:10 AM

Bill, I'm dying to find out how well it works in the woods. Go ride through your neighbors back yard or something.

I'd have to check on the skidplate. We've been using the Baja Designs skidplate. Very good protection for reasonable money.

------------------
MX Tuner

• YAMAKAZE

Posted October 25, 2001 - 06:00 AM

GOT the WB e-series in last night, man what a mess. Missing 1 bolt for the disk pack, and the Exhaust gromet fell apart in my hands when I tried to remove it for the new pipe. Went to Yamaha of Doraville this morning and picked up a new one $8.00 , will finish putting it together tonight. Going to try 9 disks to begin with and go from there. I ordered the WB Skid plate from MX South last night, they said I should have it by Friday afternoon. Also put new MSR levers on yesterday...Much better feel than stock, I also put a brake protector cable on as well. I've got to stop doing all this the Ol' Lady is starting to get pissed.

Looks like I'm going to ride Sunday. The copperhead web site still has NOT been updated...Go Figure.....I think I'll hit the new track in Luthersville, Everyone I have spoken with say's it's Kick Butt....

Mark, I'll get out to the trails ASAP, The only good ones are 100 miles away due to Deer Season.....

Bonzai Posted Image

------------------
1999 WR 400F:
Headlight Removed,Odo Removed,Gray Wire - Cut,Throttle Stop - Trimmed,YZ Timing,GYT-R Pro-Bend Hand Guards /Tripple Clamp Mounts,YZ Front/Rear Fender,YZ Number Plate,DEVOL Radiator Guards,Race Tech Suspension(by MXTuner),Dunlop 756 Front and Rear,Renthal Fat Bars W/GYT-R Pad,Renthal 14/53 Gearing,DID Race Chain,Custom Grips,Graphics by CEET,White Brothers E-Series Exhaust,Modified Compression Release,Acerbis Frame Guards,12 oz Flywheel Weight,MSR Custom Levers,MSR Brake Saver,Polaris 400 Sport,Polaris 250 Trailblazer

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.