TTR switches, wich ones should i buy?

7 replies to this topic
  • OlaGB

Posted May 11, 2006 - 10:51 AM

I would like a new light switch, that has on/off and low/high beam, and "horn" button.. No turn signals on my bike, so i prefer not to have switches for this..

From what TTR is it i should order this from? Ive seen pics of it in here somewhere before...!

I`m also looking for the other switch from TTR, with start/stop button, for the right hand!

Not sure of what model TTR that has these switches.. Anyone got a hint?

Ola

• JSanfilippo

Posted May 11, 2006 - 09:08 PM

I would like a new light switch, that has on/off and low/high beam, and "horn" button.. No turn signals on my bike, so i prefer not to have switches for this..

From what TTR is it i should order this from? Ive seen pics of it in here somewhere before...!

Thats not from a TT-R. its from the XT 225

I`m also looking for the other switch from TTR, with start/stop button, for the right hand!

Not sure of what model TTR that has these switches.. Anyone got a hint?

Ola

The TT-R 250 has this switch. The starter button is gray and the on/off switch is red. Yamaha uses this switch on their sportbikes too

• OlaGB

Posted May 12, 2006 - 05:49 AM

Posted Image

This is the TT-R switch i`m thinking of.. What year of TTR has this? And what ccm model?

Tha XT 225 switch was new to me.. Anyone got pics of this? This is a Yamaha model, right? Never heard of it.. What year did they make this switch for the XT 225 then?

Ola

• CALVIN_KLEIN88

Posted May 12, 2006 - 07:35 AM

I installed a K&S headlight switch on my 06 WR450. It didn't come with anything. The K&S does headlight off-low beam-high beam, and it has a momentary switch that is for a kill switch, but you could just hook your horn up to the momentary button and use it that way. The switch was cheap, no more than 25 or 30 bucks. I have a pic of it in my garage and toyota_mdt_tech did a good post on how to wire it up. Also I think he has a better pic in his garage too. Check it out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted May 12, 2006 - 08:54 AM

All TTR 250s 99-2006 should have the same switch since they are all the same bike with differnt graphics.

• OlaGB

Posted May 12, 2006 - 09:52 AM

I installed a K&S headlight switch on my 06 WR450. It didn't come with anything. The K&S does headlight off-low beam-high beam, and it has a momentary switch that is for a kill switch, but you could just hook your horn up to the momentary button and use it that way. The switch was cheap, no more than 25 or 30 bucks. I have a pic of it in my garage and toyota_mdt_tech did a good post on how to wire it up. Also I think he has a better pic in his garage too. Check it out.

Posted Image

This one is perfect for me! Not afraid of the wiring at all..

Where do they sell this switch? I really would like to find this switch, at a store that has that TT-R right hand switch as well! That way, i could save me money for the shipping all the way to norway...

Ola

• CALVIN_KLEIN88

Posted May 12, 2006 - 10:59 AM

That is the K&S switch I was telling you about. Here's a website with the info part number 12-0050. http://www.kandstech...rolswitches.htm.

• OlaGB

Posted May 12, 2006 - 12:45 PM

Thats what i actually ment, that i liked the k&s switch!

Now it`s all about finding this switch together with a nice right hand switch at the same store hehe.. Or another yamaha light switch.. or.. hmm.. hehe..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.