Finally took delivery! (and an oil question)

4 replies to this topic
  • spick

Posted May 11, 2006 - 01:49 AM

So I finally got my 06 WR450F. All I can say is wow!

My first ride was out to Cape Spear, Newfoundland for the prerequisite breakin. Lots of big hills and little traffic to properly load the rings. I have 37km on the bike now and I think it's ready for it's first oil change.

What oil (brand, weight) would you guys recommend for the first change? I figure in this environment I can run either a 10w 30 or 40.

Now I can't wait to hit a trail!

• odonnks

Posted May 11, 2006 - 02:01 AM

My initial change was is cooler weather and I used Yamalube 10W 30. The second change was in warmer weather and I used Yamalube 10W 40.

The third change is not here yet but I'll probably finish my supply of Y-lube and then change to a syn type.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted May 11, 2006 - 07:19 AM

yama lube is semi synth.................

• odonnks

Posted May 11, 2006 - 07:37 AM

Cool, I was not aware it was a semi and just used it because it was a new machine.

• Moto5

Posted May 11, 2006 - 09:16 AM

Rotella T non synthetic for the first 600 mi. or so.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.