Help me with enigine knocking noises while lugging engine

22 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted May 20, 2006 - 05:59 AM

hmm i can't see how jetting could affect this but maybe you were lean and knocking/pinging

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Numskull

Posted May 21, 2006 - 06:29 PM

my 2004 WR450 used to do this until I installed the JD jetting and the zip/ty fuel screw. All noises gone now and huals butt!

you sound like a sales man :ride:

So is the chain slap caused from preignition, or just the tractor pop from the motor. Mine just started slapping aliitle more, and I contribute it to the chain stretch as I see it sagging some more. It dont take long to stretch this chain when your hitting the back wheel with 50+HP.

• MountainMax

Posted May 22, 2006 - 04:05 PM

yeah, mine got worse as the chain stretched, then i checked the specs, i'ts all good, so no adjustment needed yet.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.