WR/YZ 18"/19" Wheel fitting question

4 replies to this topic
  • sheriffwoody

Posted May 10, 2006 - 12:10 PM

I have an 05 WR450F with the stock 18" rim. Will a 19" paddle tire (on a 19" YZ rim of coarse) clear everything on the WR?
In other words, i want to have a second rear rim to mount a paddle on it so I can do 'quick switches'. Of coarse the YZ rim is easier to find and cheaper, but it is 19". I know 18" tires and 19" tires are nearly the same diameter, but will the paddle clear the swingarm???

Posted May 10, 2006 - 01:44 PM

I have exactly that set up. 18" knobbie and a 19" paddle on my 06 WR450. Works fine with no problems. Go for it!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sheriffwoody

Posted May 22, 2006 - 05:59 AM

Thanks, Cal.
Would it be smarter to run the 19 nobbie or 19 paddle?
Do I have to remove the rubber piece in front of the rear tire for the paddle?

• Trauma

Posted May 22, 2006 - 08:24 PM

I have that setup on my 250F and am looking to do the same for the 450. Where did you find the 19" rim? I have a new 18" paddle, but no rim for it. I suppose I could return the tire for a 19 if I found that rim first.

• Trauma

Posted May 23, 2006 - 09:14 AM

Next question--
Will any other manufacturers' hubs/wheels fit yamaha? ie honda kawasaki etc?
What year yamaha hubs will not fit an '05?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.