Dunlop 908 Rally Raid

8 replies to this topic
  • danbart

Posted May 10, 2006 - 09:58 AM

Has anyone fitted new D908 RR on their XR650R or is this too much tire for the bike. it only comes in a 140 rear?

Thanks Dan

http://www.motoxoutl...ROD&ProdID=1255

• Dune7

Posted June 06, 2006 - 01:58 AM

Just fitted it on my XR650R ...like a glove with stock sprockets and chain. I will tell how it handles this weekend. I have read that the front tire "sucks" on the road at around 60mph causes headshake. I have only put in the rear tire...awesome and huge.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted June 06, 2006 - 04:21 PM

I really like the look of that rear tire....that extra rubber down the middle should help road wear a lot.

• motomonte

Posted June 06, 2006 - 07:07 PM

nope but being a DUNLOP and at that price you can't go wrong,also that thread pattern looks long wearing.keep us posted

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikekay

Posted June 06, 2006 - 07:08 PM

I would be really curios to know if it chunks, and how it wears.

• captb

Posted June 06, 2006 - 07:38 PM

I would be really curios to know if it chunks, and how it wears.

+1 keep us posted on how it holds up.

• zodran

Posted June 09, 2006 - 09:57 PM

Dan, I kind of know you from the "other" site, you're Estebans' wingman, right? I was thinking about one of the 908's pretty hard, take a look at the "other" site's thread on xrl's. Winterhawk's got some real world objective observations on 908's performance in Moab. IIRC both guys that used them took them off way before they were due since they found them to be squirelly and unpredictable offroad. I think they were on white rim, so take that for what it's worth as far as "offroad" I just put another michelin baja on just prior to the slap rally, at least I know their limits from memory. Take care, Dean K.
p.s. congrats on the lil one, :applause:

• KASUYAHO

Posted June 10, 2006 - 01:37 AM

We had them near a year ago here, i mate got one to try front Dunlop.
Had it on his KTM 950 and had 4,500 kms on it and he does get into it when he rides and it looked better than my Mitchelin Desert after 1,500 kms on a 650R.
I tried one and in mud there not that flash, dirt and hard pack and sand hooked the same as a Mitchelin Desert but wears over twice as long.
Tough side walls on the thing too.
My opinion is for all round type stuff a Desert and open stuff 908.
Clearance is not an issue seeing the 650R has a narrow rim, on a KTM 950 the tyre spreads out alot flatter.

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted June 10, 2006 - 03:14 PM

Yes Zodran, a bit squirelly and unpredictable. Wears long, no chunking, strong side. IMO better for longer straighter rides (like to Cabo) and not great for more technical riding.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.