Check your Acerbis Tank!

1 reply to this topic
  • aftershock

Posted October 21, 2001 - 05:55 PM

I have the 3.4 gal Acerbis gas tank and noticed that my kick starter is rubbing a hole at the top of the pocket where the kick starter folds into. Luckly I caught it before it went all the way through. I tried to reposition the kick start with no luck. My kick starter had a overly large casting lip at the top of the starter maybe a defect, I dont know. All I did was grind the lip smooth which worked purfect. Is there anyone else with this problem?

Doug, 00 WR400

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Flamed1

Posted October 22, 2001 - 06:49 AM

Shock,
I also have the Acerbis tank. I do not have a problem with the kick starter pocket but have recently discovered a contact point at the rear of the tank with the shock reservoir. I verified that the bolt holding the shock was tight and can only assume that the bushing allows the shock to move slightly to avoid binding. I have attached a piece of high density neoprene to the reservoir to cushion the contact point. Anyone else with this problem?
Brian

------------------
Life is nothing but a game.... he who has the most fun wins!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.