Can not find AIS removal kit in the UK

6 replies to this topic
  • JayJayUK

Posted May 10, 2006 - 05:14 AM

Hey guys im fairly new to TT but I love it! leaving road bikes forever and just buying WF450F 2006 dealer says it should be ready for this weekend. I spent hour reading alot of the threads in here and got the message that 'out of the crate' its all plugged up! But I cant find the AIS remaovel kit (GYT-5TJ93-69-00) dealers cant find it. Would I be right in saying this is a U/S part and number. The UK yamaha site does not list it.

• tony1970

Posted May 10, 2006 - 11:28 AM

You can buy the TT AIS Kit on the TT store. Does not come with the jets or the throttle stop but is a lot cleaner and factory looking kit.

• sidewinder2

Posted May 10, 2006 - 11:56 AM

The throttle stop is one of the most important items. You must find a YZ throttle stop or cut the WR throttle stop a total of 11mm. And also get the AIS removal kit. This is my first post at TT and you guys have given me a lot of good information which is mucho appreciated. I just want to return the favor.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • essex426

Posted May 10, 2006 - 12:18 PM

Hey guys im fairly new to TT but I love it! leaving road bikes forever and just buying WF450F 2006 dealer says it should be ready for this weekend. I spent hour reading alot of the threads in here and got the message that 'out of the crate' its all plugged up! But I cant find the AIS remaovel kit (GYT-5TJ93-69-00) dealers cant find it. Would I be right in saying this is a U/S part and number. The UK yamaha site does not list it.

Im not 100% sure but i don't think you need AIS removal kits over here, its a smog type thing isn't it, my brother's 05 WR 450 Hasn't got it.Maybe its just in USA.

• sidewinder2

Posted May 10, 2006 - 12:24 PM

Essex426, I think you are correct. The AIS is for US bikes. I wonder if the UK bikes have the WR throttle stop??? :crazy:

• Bogieknight

Posted May 10, 2006 - 03:12 PM

Hi JayJay,

I've got an 03 WR450, UK bike and whilst I wasn't the first owner of the bike I'm 99% sure that you don't need to worry about the AIS. This is a US emissions thingy I believe so don't get excited about it.

You don't need to worry about the grey wire mod either.

What you do need is a good exhaust system on it and re-jetting. Get the JD kit from the TT shop or buy the DEP Pipes kit (made by JD for DEP). See DEP Pipes website for details.

Also it's a good idea to get the breathing side sorted; snorkel removal and/or decent air filter.

Good luck with it. It's a hilarious bike; I gave up a ZX-6 for mine and I haven't looked back.

'Ron

Bogieknight
:ride:

• OneToGo

Posted May 10, 2006 - 10:00 PM

Hi JayJay,

I've got an 03 WR450, UK bike and whilst I wasn't the first owner of the bike I'm 99% sure that you don't need to worry about the AIS. This is a US emissions thingy I believe so don't get excited about it.
You don't need to worry about the grey wire mod either.

What you do need is a good exhaust system on it and re-jetting. Get the JD kit from the TT shop or buy the DEP Pipes kit (made by JD for DEP). See DEP Pipes website for details.

Also it's a good idea to get the breathing side sorted; snorkel removal and/or decent air filter.

Good luck with it. It's a hilarious bike; I gave up a ZX-6 for mine and I haven't looked back.

'Ron

Bogieknight
:banana:

I have a EURO Spec bike, there are around 5-6 minor variations in each model for different countries but they ALL come with the AIS and grey wire now. The Aussies have theirs removed by Yamaha Australia before the dealers get them. Unless the same is done in the UK (I doubt it) then you WILL have to do the AIS (Get the TT kit online) and grey wire and the throttle stop - ALL the mods in fact. At least you know know what to do. The WR from 05 on comes with all that stuff so that is why a 03 does not/ did not have it.
Unless you have unlimitied access to nice roads with no traffic and fewer cops then Bogieknight is on to the new biking move in the UK where SPORTS bikes always reigned supreme... :ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.