Reincarnation of a XRL-as a tard

40 replies to this topic
  • TREADMARKS

Posted May 11, 2006 - 04:00 AM

I am always amazed at the number of people that haven't seen Supermoto.

On a tight twisty road, nothing beats a supermoto.

This is my XRL done up for SM. I can go faster on it than any sportbike I have riden.

http://www.thumperta...achmentid=13913

I saw an organized go gart race last month in the parking lot at the Miami Speedway. I am gonna try to get in there to see how it does in the curves. :busted:

I still dig your bike man. :ride: I love those shrouds-I just wish the tank was larger cause I'm too lazy to fill up that often. :banana:

• TREADMARKS

Posted May 11, 2006 - 04:07 AM

Hey, looks good.

Question: what type of forks and clamps are they, and how did you swap them?

BP

Brtp4,

The USD forks are Marzoochi Shivers and the clamps are from applied or allied or sonthing like that. Both from ebay-pretty cheap. :ride: I need to get back on ebay now and sell all my takeoff parts before the wifey sees the credit card bill! :busted:

You will need to make a sleeve that will allow the smaller XR650L tree stem to be press fitted into the larger CRF 450 lower clamp. Then make a sleeve that will fill the gap between the top clamp and the smaller XRL stem. :banana:

Mods include: Excels on Talons 3.50/4.50, Avon Distanzias 120/150, dynabead balanced, USD Marzoochi Shivers with CR 250 front axel, 14x48 gearing with gold x-ring, marzoochi USDs with applied trees, smaller crf 230 battery and electrical relocated to airbox, Clarke 4.7 tank, acerbis bark busters and front fender, trailtech racelight with desert lens and 130/90 watt halogen, ceet stepped seat and gripper cover, cemoto mx rear fender with baja designs led strobe tail light, LED blinkers, renthal CR high bend bars with barsnake, fmf ceramic stainless powercore 4 and power bomb header, edelbrock pumper with sock filter, stage one cam, braided stainless brake lines front and rear, braking 320 up front with white bros oversize rotor and caliper relocation bracket in rear, IMS Pro pegs and BD Skidplate.

• Fio

Posted May 11, 2006 - 10:38 AM

Treadmarks,
Could you post some pics of your battery relocation mod? I have been dying to do this. Oh yeah, awesome looking tard. :ride:
Fulvio

• phil_b54

Posted May 11, 2006 - 03:19 PM

I love that headlight.
http://www.trailtech.net/racelight.htm
Is it street legal at 130/90W? I was told that anything above 55w was not DOT legal. Does it take any H-4 bulb? If so, I have seen some 100/55W that could get a person around that.

• TREADMARKS

Posted May 12, 2006 - 03:00 AM

I love that headlight.
http://www.trailtech.net/racelight.htm
Is it street legal at 130/90W? I was told that anything above 55w was not DOT legal. Does it take any H-4 bulb? If so, I have seen some 100/55W that could get a person around that.

My Death ray does use an H4 bulb. The trailtech unit uses an H1 single element at 55 watts.

No, my light lense and reflector combination is not DOT approved, nor is the use of any bulb over 55 watts.

The low beam does have a very crisp cut off line so it only shines directly in front of the bike, and does not offend oncoming traffic.

Now the high beam (Death Ray) thats a different story. I use it regularly as a weapon when necessary. Mostly during and after near misses from cell phone talking soccer moms and those folks that like to pretend they didn't see us and pull out in front of us. :banana:

I know this probably makes me a bad person, but I can live with that. I would rather be an alive bad person-than a dead caring person. :ride:

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted May 12, 2006 - 06:40 AM

My Death ray does use an H4 bulb. The trailtech unit uses an H1 single element at 55 watts.

No, my light lense and reflector combination is not DOT approved, nor is the use of any bulb over 55 watts.

The low beam does have a very crisp cut off line so it only shines directly in front of the bike, and does not offend oncoming traffic.

Now the high beam (Death Ray) thats a different story. I use it regularly as a weapon when necessary. Mostly during and after near misses from cell phone talking soccer moms and those folks that like to pretend they didn't see us and pull out in front of us. :busted:

I know this probably makes me a bad person, but I can live with that. I would rather be an alive bad person-than a dead caring person. :ride:

:banana: Give 'em sunburn!

• wr450fyamaha

Posted May 12, 2006 - 07:56 AM

whats does that little chamber in the first picture of the pipe do?

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted May 12, 2006 - 10:44 AM

whats does that little chamber in the first picture of the pipe do?

It is a flux capacitor.

• TREADMARKS

Posted May 12, 2006 - 12:14 PM

It is a flux capacitor.

HAAAAAAAAA :banana:

Thats it!

I got it from yoyodyne propulsion. :ride:

• TREADMARKS

Posted May 13, 2006 - 03:44 AM

Treadmarks,
Could you post some pics of your battery relocation mod? I have been dying to do this. Oh yeah, awesome looking tard. :ride:
Fulvio

Hi Fio,

This is what I did.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mooncruiser

Posted May 13, 2006 - 08:42 AM

Hey, on the speedo front, I've been using a Garmin Foretrex 101 strapped to a bit of foam to the crossbar on my Pig.

The 101 is inexpensive for a GPS, gives you speed, ET, mileage and lots of trip info, like time moving.

Runs on a couple AA's, and runs all day on that. No wires, squat.

Chip

• Fio

Posted May 13, 2006 - 02:32 PM

Thanks Treadmarks,
Awesome. :ride:

• Mountain Road Madness

Posted May 13, 2006 - 03:01 PM

Sweeeeeeeet :ride: :banana: :busted:

• justicedone

Posted May 14, 2006 - 12:42 PM

Did you make sure the driveway pavers were all legal citizens???

:ride:

• motomonte

Posted May 14, 2006 - 01:27 PM

Hi Fio,

This is what I did.

cool bike and the way it's explained doesnt seems so hard a project.anyways can you shed some light about relocating the muffler underseat that really looks cool. :ride:

• TREADMARKS

Posted May 14, 2006 - 01:57 PM

Did you make sure the driveway pavers were all legal citizens???

:ride:

I tried.

When I asked them they said "No speaky engwish"

• TREADMARKS

Posted May 14, 2006 - 01:59 PM

cool bike and the way it's explained doesnt seems so hard a project.anyways can you shed some light about relocating the muffler underseat that really looks cool. :ride:

That would be Supaflynryan's bike. Those notes on battery relocation belong to him. :banana:

• FOUR STOKED

Posted May 15, 2006 - 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by TREADMARKS
Hi Fio,

This is what I did.

Treadmarks, did you put a divider between the battery and air filter to isolate the electricals. I am very interested in this mod but was wondering how your relocation was working. I am sure it makes the bike look a lot better with this change!thanks. :ride:

• TREADMARKS

Posted May 16, 2006 - 12:33 AM

Treadmarks, did you put a divider between the battery and air filter to isolate the electricals. I am very interested in this mod but was wondering how your relocation was working. I am sure it makes the bike look a lot better with this change!thanks. :ride:

Hi FS,

I put a sock filter on the carb, and used a smaller crf230 battery and dumped everything in the air box.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted May 16, 2006 - 09:29 AM

Seriously, what does it do? I see it more and more.....just curious as to what it is for.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.