Posted May 10, 2006 - 02:18 AM

Looks awesome, good job!!!!

• lazybones51

Posted May 10, 2006 - 02:30 AM

sweet bike , now its time find some twisties :crazy:

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted May 10, 2006 - 06:43 AM

I like it! :crazy:

are you running a speedo of any sort? I dont see a cable.

Love the forks :ride:

• TREADMARKS

Posted May 10, 2006 - 07:03 AM

Thanks guys.

HAppy,

No Speedo yet, as I am holding my breath waiting for trailtech to release their vapor next month. It has a tach, shift light, blinker indicator and all that other stuff.

• motomonte

Posted May 10, 2006 - 02:43 PM

Nice bike Tread,wich front fender is that? also where did you get that frame protector?

• 2000 xr650r

Posted May 10, 2006 - 03:42 PM

I may be missing something or you guys may think i am dumb but here it gos. I though the purpose of these bikes was to dual sport. Making one completly street purpose defeats that. I am just saying if you wanted to ride twistys and all street buy a sportbike. R1, R6, CBR 1000, ect. Can someone explain?

• TREADMARKS

Posted May 10, 2006 - 04:11 PM

Nice bike Tread,wich front fender is that? also where did you get that frame protector?

Hi Motomonte,

Works performance is where the frame protectors came from. Just a lil bit of modding and they fit just fine. :ride:

• TREADMARKS

Posted May 10, 2006 - 04:19 PM

I may be missing something or you guys may think i am dumb but here it gos. I though the purpose of these bikes was to dual sport. Making one completly street purpose defeats that. I am just saying if you wanted to ride twistys and all street buy a sportbike. R1, R6, CBR 1000, ect. Can someone explain?

Hi 2000xr650r,

It is not a true dual sport now, but it will gobble up a boat load of black top, and thanks to the avon distanzias it will make some nice rostertails in the dirt too. More of a 70 black top and 30 dirt thing. I'm sure some bad azz sportbike could leave me in the twisties, but throw a lil sand on the road and he is sucking hind tit!

• 2000 xr650r

Posted May 10, 2006 - 05:17 PM

True, and i forgot some people have 2 sets of wheels witch would work better than what i do. I just run 50/50 tires. Nicest looking L ive seen by the way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Maniak

Posted May 10, 2006 - 06:06 PM

Nice job, looks good, mine is finished now but am waiting for the Braking caliper, backordered, suppose to be here next week, when its done Ill try to post a pic too. Nice job on the tank supports, very custom, and did you line the underside of the tank? :ride:

• Jayzonk

Posted May 10, 2006 - 08:25 PM

I like your driveway. Looks a lot more solid than the good ole sinking paving stones...

• Brtp4

Posted May 10, 2006 - 09:41 PM

Hey, looks good.

Question: what type of forks and clamps are they, and how did you swap them?

BP

• TREADMARKS

Posted May 11, 2006 - 02:44 AM

Nice job, looks good, mine is finished now but am waiting for the Braking caliper, backordered, suppose to be here next week, when its done Ill try to post a pic too. Nice job on the tank supports, very custom, and did you line the underside of the tank? :ride:

Thanks Maniak.
I did line the underside of the tank with the adhesive backed ceramic mat that has the foil shield. I still need to trim it a bit.

• TREADMARKS

Posted May 11, 2006 - 02:49 AM

I like your driveway. Looks a lot more solid than the good ole sinking paving stones...

Thanks Jayzonk, I dig the driveway too. We had 2800 sq ft of that driveway put in between hurricanes last year. It wasn't cheap, but it does make playing with the toys much more fun! :ride:

• wheelnut46

Posted May 11, 2006 - 03:23 AM

Sweet bike. Those aren't paving stones? I see that now but what is it and how is it done.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted May 11, 2006 - 03:33 AM

Thanks guys.

HAppy,

No Speedo yet, as I am holding my breath waiting for trailtech to release their vapor next month. It has a tach, shift light, blinker indicator and all that other stuff.

Yeah, I am on the wish list for the Vapor also. I have emailed trailtech repeatedly since I heard about that model (Almost got the one from Service Honda, but opted to hold for the Trailtech version) No news yet, I keep hearing "next month..." then, "next month..." then, "next month..." then, "next month..." then, "next month..."

grrrr.... :ride:

• mgs781

Posted May 11, 2006 - 03:43 AM

I am always amazed at the number of people that haven't seen Supermoto.

On a tight twisty road, nothing beats a supermoto.

This is my XRL done up for SM. I can go faster on it than any sportbike I have riden.

http://www.thumperta...achmentid=13913

• TREADMARKS

Posted May 11, 2006 - 03:52 AM

Sweet bike. Those aren't paving stones? I see that now but what is it and how is it done.

Thanks Wheelnut46.

The pattern is called european fan. After they pour and smooth the concrete, they place metal forming molds on top of the slab (about 3' x 3') and stand on it for a few minutes while it sinks in. Then they pull it off and connect it to the one they are standing on, and so on until it is all complete. Once it is cured a little they sprinkle powdered dye alll over the top of it to achieve a base color. They come back in two weeks after a full wet curing and paint it.

Hope that helps

• TREADMARKS

Posted May 11, 2006 - 03:54 AM

Yeah, I am on the wish list for the Vapor also. I have emailed trailtech repeatedly since I heard about that model (Almost got the one from Service Honda, but opted to hold for the Trailtech version) No news yet, I keep hearing "next month..." then, "next month..." then, "next month..." then, "next month..." then, "next month..."

grrrr.... :banana:

HAAAAAAA

Thats exactly what they told me. :ride:

At lease they are consistent.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.