Rekluse clutch covers

5 replies to this topic
  • coulterk

Posted May 09, 2006 - 03:30 PM

I am currently removing the auto clutch from my 01 YZ 426 and fitting it to a 06 YZ450. I am reading the instructions for the 450 and it states that you must use 2 clutch cover gaskets. I was only using 1 gasket on the 426. I read the instructions again for the 426 and it also says to use 2 gaskets. Is the 450 different than the 426 and do you differently need 2 gaskets. Is anyone only using 1 gasket.

Any help would be appreciated

• Fastest1

Posted May 09, 2006 - 05:39 PM

As long as clearance isnt issue , it will work. Make sure it doesnt rub! Clay will let you know ( or your kids playdo).

• targetdrone

Posted May 09, 2006 - 10:52 PM

The Rekluse kit for the 426 comes with two thick space gaskets for the clutch cover. They are special for the Rekluse.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fastest1

Posted May 10, 2006 - 03:43 AM

The installed stack of the rekluse clutch does not get larger or taller during operation. So if it clears when you install it, it will work fine. The advantage of using a Rekluse cover is increased oil storage. The 2 gaskets did and do provide the clearances needed. I read the question as a person who wants to ride immediately, therefore try it and see if it clears. My first auto ran a plexiglass spacer instead of gaskets, then changed to aluminum. A good hardwood would work if you are good with a router.

• NYMXer

Posted May 10, 2006 - 05:05 AM

Rekluse sent a spacer w/ my clutch kit. It is about a 1/4" thick and to be used instead of 2 gaskets.

• coulterk

Posted May 10, 2006 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for the reply's. I installed the clutch last night and measured the distance between case and cover and case and top of clutch and there is about 2mm clearance. So I fitted cover and turned over motor with kick starter and is not hitting cover. I think I will make up a aluminium spacer just to be sure.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.