650R High comp piston- 12:1

3 replies to this topic
  • Maximus86

Posted May 09, 2006 - 08:43 AM

the highest compression piston i can find is a 11:1 as opposed to the stock 10:1-do they make anything higher then a 11:1

this is for supermoto racing and if i have to run race fuel all the tiem that is fine

• xr500_89

Posted May 09, 2006 - 03:34 PM

dang i think an 12:1 piston would be pretty hard to start

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Maximus86

Posted May 09, 2006 - 03:40 PM

yeah-i donbt care though-i need more power

my XR with a hotcam stage 2 and stock piston is still much easier to start then my modded 426 was-i think i could manage

this is a full on road race project

• Jon-D

Posted May 11, 2006 - 07:22 PM

You can have them made. I recall Travis37 ordering pistons with different compressions in the past for the KTMs. The problem is that you will have to purchase at least 4 pistons before the company will consider making them for you. Travis is currently in the hospital due to some complications from his surgery, but send him a pm asking how to go about ordering the piston you want and he will get back to you when he returns home.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.