Jetting help

2 replies to this topic
  • fixxor

Posted May 08, 2006 - 06:03 PM

Hey guys i read some threads but im still kinda confused. Anyways i thought i'd post my setup and stuff so i can get a better idea. I got a 01 YZ426, White brothers exhaust (R4), and i just put the Quickshot on. I did the AP mod (just put on o-ring around the lever and screw) and was taking a look at the BK mod but when i turn the lever it stops where if there was a screw there in the first place so i really dont see a need to do it?

Jetting is stock on this thing, 162 main jet, 42 pilot jet, the jet needle is in the middle. I have the bog and also some sputtering in mid throttle, i think its just dirt im gonna clean it out. Any advice for me? I was thinking about a 165 main but would like some input, any would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gerry B

Posted May 08, 2006 - 07:26 PM

I had the same exhaust on my bike. I had a 170 main jet and a 48 pilot and it ran perfect. I also put the Boyeson AP cover on. My bike is a 2000 YZ426.

• jbrooks26

Posted May 08, 2006 - 07:49 PM

If you used the o-ring to "wire" the AP then you will not be able to use the BK mod. These two mods won't work together because the BK would then act just like a throttle stop screw. The BK mod allows you to adjust the squirt duration, IE how far the AP shaft is turned. The wire mod makes the AP squirt as soon as the throttle is twisted and keeps squirting until the throttle stops. I think you should consider taking your o-ring off and doing the BK mod instead since these bikes don't have a leak jet and there is not any way to adjust the volume of the AP squirt. The problem originally was too much fuel anyway. Just my 2c. Hope this helps.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.