better lights?

3 replies to this topic
  • henrics

Posted October 21, 2001 - 12:01 AM

Does anyone know if it possible to rewind the "generator" on a wr 400 -00 to get more out than the 120w orginal??How much more can it put out...

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted October 21, 2001 - 04:07 AM

I called Baja Designs, who does stator rewinds, and they said no. FYI - I've also got a 2000 WR.

Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • darbsitton

Posted October 21, 2001 - 04:59 AM

While the rewind may not be possible, I think that Baja sells a 180 Watt stator kit. If they don't, you are probably SOL.
www.bajadesigns.com

• Itsamre

Posted October 25, 2001 - 07:35 PM

I have the stock stator (120 watts) for a wr on my yz and a Baja Designs HID lamp unit and it handles it fine. Compared to a 55/60 lamp it is like "DAYLIGHT"!

------------------
Mark...00 426 w/plates,and $4000.00 of other attachments!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.