PMB Endcap with quiet insert

9 replies to this topic
  • altered

Posted May 08, 2006 - 03:22 PM

Anyone had a db test with a PMB endcap and quiet insert on an 06 450 yet?

• altered

Posted May 09, 2006 - 02:23 PM

Anyone bought one of these and "think" it may be down on the db levels.

• ThompsonV311

Posted May 09, 2006 - 03:05 PM

I just ordered the quiet insert for the new style sparky on my 06' today. I am racing a district 37 Euro scrambles this weekend, and have to be sound checked, so I will get back on this after this weekends race. It better pass!

• Idaho_Stas

Posted May 10, 2006 - 03:37 PM

I just ordered the quiet insert for the new style sparky on my 06' today. I am racing a district 37 Euro scrambles this weekend, and have to be sound checked, so I will get back on this after this weekends race. It better pass!

Please let us know how this turns out. I've been thinking about getting an insert for my PMB cone-style sparky... but thought I'd heard somewhere they don't actually hit the legal db level.

• ThompsonV311

Posted May 11, 2006 - 07:27 PM

Ok it came in today. Just looking at it I'm thinking how the hell is this gonna quiet the bike down. All it does is point the exhaust down at the ground. I am running the stock header, canister w/ new style PMB sparky. So I start it up, let it run for a few, then place the insert on with the bike running. Hmmmmm.... still sounds the same to my ears. :ride: Well before I say it does not work let me get it sound checked with the decimeter. But I could not tell a big difference by ear. We'll see how she blows.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • offthewall

Posted May 14, 2006 - 04:53 PM

My friend had the PMB on his bike... until it broke off. I suppose it could have been just a bad install, but he's a pro mechanic. I just can't trust something that wants me to cut me exhaust all up and drill back into it. A new WB E2 pipe is what I run now, and it works really well.

• jwcrf05

Posted May 14, 2006 - 06:22 PM

My friend had the PMB on his bike... until it broke off. I suppose it could have been just a bad install, but he's a pro mechanic. I just can't trust something that wants me to cut me exhaust all up and drill back into it. A new WB E2 pipe is what I run now, and it works really well.

does the e2 get the sound level down to a decent level?

• dooweb2

Posted May 14, 2006 - 06:41 PM

I run my fmf q 2 it works really well is nice and quiet and nice power also color matches the forks nicely : )

• rooster wrooster

Posted May 15, 2006 - 09:42 AM

I tried the quiet insert on my '06 450 and was less than impressed. I didn't hear any reduction in noise after about 15 min of riding so I removed it. I'm just guessing but I bet that it doesn't actually reduce the noise, it only redirects it at the ground. There are no baffels or anything. Just a smaller diameter bent tube pointing at the ground. I think I read a few months ago on TT that the stock '06 450 was about 103 decibles and after putting on the insert it was tested at 101.

• stknrdr

Posted May 15, 2006 - 11:22 AM

I have one....I dont think the quiet insert is all that quiet...I dont even run it most of the time because it doesnt make that much difference. However...the end itself is sweet for being the cheapest and easiest way to get an approved spark arrestor that I could find. I wouldnt plan on it passing the DB test

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.