Great Site!

2 replies to this topic
  • Keith_M

Posted October 20, 2001 - 05:08 PM

I have been lurking here for a week what a great site! I have been looking for a bike for a some time dont have alot of money but I sure would like to get a WR I like to ride in the woods and go fast! I have found a few WR 400s but thay were rode hard and put to bed wet, so I past, I have found a 97 CR 250 for 2500.00 in real good shape but I dont know if a fly wheel weight would give it more low end for the more tite stuff? Thanks Keith

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted October 21, 2001 - 04:16 AM

There's no comparison between a two and a four stroker when it comes to hill climbing. A four-stroke is like a tractor going uphill compared to the deuce. That being said, $2,500 doesn't sound like a bad price.

• MN_Kevin

Posted October 21, 2001 - 04:57 AM

As much of a Honda fan that I am, and as Bad - meaning good- as I think the perimeter framed Honda's LOOK, I would stay away from the 97's. The frames are waaaaay too rigid, ESPECIALLY for woods riding. The suspension has to do double duty to offset the frame's stiffness.

Either look for a 96 or a 2001/2002 (big bucks).

Or, if you can find a good YZ250 2 stroke, 97 or >, go with that.

My 2 sence/cents.

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, Mobil 1 15W-50.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.