Lotsa fuel on ground when starting

7 replies to this topic
  • Paewraul

Posted May 08, 2006 - 09:36 AM

whenever I start my 01 Wr 426 I get a puddle of gas that flows out of the "breather tubes" that run out of the carbs. &%$#@!? Any ideas? This bike has been way harder to kick this year for some reason as well.

• dbailey223

Posted May 08, 2006 - 10:37 AM

Carb float sticking?

• Paewraul

Posted May 08, 2006 - 10:39 AM

Good idea, someone else told me to clean the bowl today.

• byggd

Posted May 08, 2006 - 10:39 AM

Sounds like it's time to pull the carb, take a look-see and give it a once over. Sounds like you have have some dirt in the needle and seat. Does it start to leak as soon as you turn the gas on?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Paewraul

Posted May 09, 2006 - 06:09 AM

nope, just leaks when I kick it. My bike seems to need a little goose of the throttle to get it to come to life when trying to start.

• byggd

Posted May 09, 2006 - 11:36 AM

nope, just leaks when I kick it. My bike seems to need a little goose of the throttle to get it to come to life when trying to start.

Hmmmmmm....maybe one of the intake valves is too tight and some of the compression is blowing back into the carb :crazy: It's a long shot but it would explain both of your problems.

• RichBaker

Posted May 09, 2006 - 02:59 PM

Sounds like the float is set too high...I'd lower it a little.

• Paewraul

Posted May 09, 2006 - 07:18 PM

I'll try cleaning it and adjusting the float tomorrow. How you guys are standing by. Carbs are my nemisis!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.